Greetings from a landlocked diver in Salt Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JR#97

Registered
Reaction score
This board looks like a great resource and I'm glad I found it!!! I had my first lesson and pool dive last night. I"m hooked, but I think I blew my eardrum, so I'm gonna have to stay on the shore for a few weeks. Anyway, just thought I'd say hola!

HI JR.
Welcome to the boards. Take care of that ear. Go slow. See a doctor if it really hurts and don't wait too long.
Most people start out with a little ear popping, but the more you dive, the more your ears and body get used to it.
:sunny:

Hey there JR, I said welcome to ya elsewhere, but there's no harm in saying it again so... Welcome to the best scuba resource on the planet!

JR#97...

Welcome to the boards Jr. We hope we can help you with any questions you might have and look forward to hearing from you. As for the ear....Positive pressure every 2-3 ft when you descend. After awhile you get use to adding positive pressure to your ears by a slight opening of the jaw. If you have a hard time equalizing then just ascend a few feet and try again. This usually gets it everytime. Good Luck and let us know how you do in your classes.

Dive Safe....

Aardal
:peace:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom