Greetings and thanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maw001

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello and to thank those of you who responded to my questions of a few weeks ago. My wife and I are in the process of getting our OW certification. We are taking the classroom/pool sessions here, and going to Cozumel in March for our checkout dives and a few additional dives after that.

We found an excellent instructor and a great shop with their own indoor pool, which we can use as much as we want for practice(a big plus for us). We also went ahead and purchased our own complete gear after trying several different models, makes, etc. I have no regrets about this as both of us have gear that fits us well and, more importantly, are becoming more and more comfortable with using. Many thanks to those of you who responded to earlier questions about gear selection, both mine and others. They really helped with gear selection.

Looking forward to new adventures under the water!

Congrats on the gear! Nothing I love more than buying new dive gear! Glad you found a good instructor. They sure make all the difference! Having access to the pool to practice skills is great. It will make your checkout dive that much easier and it will make you a much more comforatable diver overall. Having your own gear is a big advantage as well.

Scott

It sounds like you're well on your way!
Let us know how the training goes, and
Have a great trip!!!

We'll be looking forward to a trip report when you get back from Cozumel!:wink:

Scott:

Yes, buying new gear in any activity/hobby can be intoxicating. It can also be expensive. Fortunately for me, my wife is as enthusiastic about learning to scuba as I am, and has no problem with gear/gadgets, etc., as long as she gets one too!

Warren:

For me:
Scubapro Mk20 w/ G250HP primary, R190 Safe Second
Seaquest Pro Unlimited BC
Suunto Vyper console/SPG w/ compass
Scubapro TwinJet fins
Cressi Big Eyes mask
Henderson Gold Core jumpsuit

For Wife:
Scubapro Mk20 w/ G250HP & Air2
Scubapro Ladyhawk BC
Suunto Vyper console/SPG w/compass