Greetings and Salutations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
Hello from the great, but land locked, State of Missouri. I'm Eric, new to diving, so I thought I'd come to somewhere where everyone knows my name, and they're always glad I came...

I just began my journey to diving, something I always wanted to do, but never could find the time. I earned my diving badge in the Royal Rangers (Boy Scouts for all intents and purposes just sponsored by the Assembly of God church) but then went into the Army at 17 and ended up serving 8 years in the US Army and the last 7 years in the US Air Force Reserve. So now that world events are winding down, I have the time to pursue something that should have been done over 15 years ago.

I'm a bit confused to all the different certifications, and certifying agencies (PADI, BSAC, ACUC, IDIA, oh my); and, overwhelmed at the choices in gear. So, I'm hoping to find some good info on here to help me get some focus. I found a local shop that is a certified PADI school with good online and word of mouth reviews. Any help anyone wants to give would be more than welcome of your looking to take a n00b under your wing...or fin as it were.

Howdy and welcome to Scubaboard! :admingreet:

Bookmark the link to your UserCP at the top and check in often. :wink:

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

Good Luck & Good Diving.

Back
Top Bottom