Greetings and salutations!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
A warm greeting from a new member to this board wishing you success, financial well being, and laughter.

Wow, it is good to find a big on-line dive community. What's my story? After a couple years in the Diplomatic Core in DC working Finance, then a couple more years with www.thenorthface.com as the Planning & Operations Manager for Canada, then as the Vice President of TGSCOM in charge of Strategy, Operations, Marketing, I've found that enjoying life is more important than how much I've grown a company.

Here's and important lesson learned:
"In order to have time, one must take time."

Anyone have any contact in the Diving Industry (Manufacturer's side) ? Any other recommendations? I'm looking to work in the industry I love and would appreciate any help.

---
But back to the introduction:
After working 5 years and taking only 2 days off in that time to summit Mt. Shasta (California, USA), I left The North Face and took a 5 month holiday. I went fishing for a month in Wisconsin and then another couple weeks jumping in swim holes and hot springs touring through the National Parks of California. I finished the holiday with a 3 month tour of Central America, diving every day except for the two weeks surfing and in the rain forests / Volcanoes of Costa Rica. Belize, Honduras, and Mexico have some GREAT dives.

My next adventure will hopefully be in Italy or, a return to Roatan for a DM course.

Life is a grand adventure to be lived.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

All my best to everyone here,
Kirk.

http://allbikeparts.com/travel/honduras.htm
http://allbikeparts.com/travel/california.htm

:wave:Welcome to the Scuba Board. :hi: Fun place to hang out, compare, argue, etc. :thumb:

You've got a colorful history coming in with you, it seems. Hope you like it here, get into it, and add to it as well.

For best results, ensure that you have "Use 'Email Notify' by default" under your Options marked "YES" and :type: add Scuba Board to your computer's Favorites List so you can check in easily and often.

don

Kudos to you S+B for checking out of the treadmill life, and venturing into all kinds of new adventures! I've jumped off a few cliffs in my life, and have always always always been rewarded for it. New friends, new places, new adventures.
Life can be very short.....you never know. Do it while you can.
I lost my brother very tragically 3 years ago, and since then I've taken every opportunity I've had to enjoy whatever of life I can. For me now, that's what it's all about.
Go for it.
Beck

WandernSol,
Sorry to hear about your brother. I can't imagine losing mine.

So, how did you end up diving? Its a great activity and I'm looking forward to doing more.

Anything you've found worth while in the past few years for another looking to enjoy life more? Since you mention you've jumped off a few cliffs, do you have any tips for a better landing?

Best regards,
Kirk.

PS: Interesting combo of German and Latin. Kannst du auch Deutsch?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom