Green Valve Knobs.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a4lod

Reaction score
I have Thermo valves and am considering about changing the knobs (they aren't hard plastic, but they are not rubbery like the Sherwood knobs). On Abysmal's website they have black knobs for $10 each and green knobs for $2. Given the price difference, I am leaning towards the the green ones. Question is, what are the green one's for? I was thinking nitrox, but am unsure. Does the color matter? Comments? Thanks.

The color green on gas cylinders in the US is usually associated with pure O2. Sometimes people use green valve knobs and/or other markings for a higher percentage of O2 in a gas like nitrox. If I were me, and I am, I would opt for the black valve knobs. Less confusion, not necessarily on your part, between dive shops, charter boats and potential buddies. I say confusion because (key part here) some people might mistake the tanks for dedicated O2 or nitrox service. They may have issues with what you want to put in it. Not necessarily going to happen put possible. I'd just avoid the potential hassle and go with black knobs.

Back
Top Bottom