Question Vindicator knob Model # / Unknown Valve ID

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
TravelGas

TravelGas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
The first valve is marked "U.S. Divers Aqua Lung". This is on an old Yellow Steel 100 HP Genesis tank with the weird 7/8 thread and angled valve. Anyone know which model Vindicator knob goes on that one ? Model # 5 ?

The other valve has no information printed on it at all. It is mounted on a Luxfer AL40.

I will try to post some photos. If anyone can help ID these two valves so I can order the correct knobs I would appreciate the help.

Model Fits These Valves:
Model #1 -Halcyon
Model #2 -Catalina, Dacor, OMS, PST, Sherwood 4000 & 5000, Thermo
Model #3 -Dive Rite, Scuba Max, Scuba Pro
Model #4 -Sherwood 6300, U.S. Divers/Aqua Lung
Model #5 -U.S. Divers (Labeled Santa Ana, Cal.)
Model #6 -Blue Steel
Model #7 -Genesis KA-70, Midland
Model #8 -Harrison, XS Scuba, Cyl-Tec

Attachments

• IMG_0900.jpeg
    IMG_0900.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0897.jpeg
    IMG_0897.jpeg
    132.9 KB · Views: 44
T Bone always comes thru.

Copy, my future Al40 Deco / O2 bottle needs a valve/Vindicator combo from DGX. I would have ordered the Model 5 knob, I am glad you looked at it to ID it for me, I would have bought the wrong Model.

Any particular brand of valve you recommend for that ?

This might help as well:

The Vindicator Safety Handle was invented and designed by Ed Davis, an avid diver, dive instructor, and dive and rescue team member.

As the son of a Navy Master Chief, Ed, was born in California and spent most of his childhood years in tropical places like Hawaii and Puerto Rico where he fell in love with the water and all the wondrous creatures there below. As a young adult he spent nearly 6 years in the Navy as a computer and electronics tech where he spent much time on the east and west coasts of the U.S.

After time in the Navy, Ed moved to the Midwest to build a career in furniture manufacturing (another great love of his). He developed and successfully built a business specializing in Church and Auditorium Furniture that he still owns today. He is a gifted wood carver and designer in that field as well. One of his specialties is a line of Vintage Style Theater Seat ends that he hand carved and that has now been set to molds for production years into the future.

Living in the Midwest left him woefully distant from tropical waters so Ed bought a dry suit and began diving in the cold water inland lakes of Wisconsin and the Great Lakes where he began teaching divers and volunteering on the Jackson County Wisconsin Sheriff's Dive Team.

His experiences teaching divers and working with the dive team (mostly recovering divers) alerted him to the great need that divers had for some type of visual indicator so they could easily see if their air was on or off. Ed vowed to come up with a solution. After many sleepless nights thinking out new designs and then months mocking up many prototypes he came up with the Vindicator which he now owns a patent on.

The Vindicator has been a great success and countless divers have recounted stories of how it has prevented them or their dive buddies from diving without their air on. Ed has received thanks and appreciation from recreational divers, professional divers, resort owners, boat owners, and instructors for his contribution to the safety of scuba divers around the world. The Vindicator is sold in almost every dive destination worldwide.

A love of water and the great gift Ed has for ingenuity have led to a much safer Diving experience for the Scuba community!

*The Vindicator Safety Handle is proudly made right here in Wisconsin, USA!

Vindicator Safety Handles​

Products

The Vindicator Scuba Tank Safety Handle's Patented Red/Green Indicators let divers know at a glance that their air Is on.
Vindicator Handles take only a minute to install and can be retro-fitted on most manufacturer's scuba tank valves. (Select the Model Number you need from the list of valves that Vindicator Handles fit)
Model Fits These Valves
Model #1Halcyon
Model #2Catalina, Dacor, OMS, PST, Sherwood 4000 & 5000, Thermo
Model #3Dive Rite, Scuba Max, Scuba Pro
Model #3SPYoungdo
Model #4Sherwood 6300, U.S. Divers/Aqua Lung
Model #5U.S. Divers (Labeled Santa Ana, Cal.)
Model #5SPGenesis KA-30 (France)
Model #6Blue Steel
Model #7Genesis KA-70, Midland
Model #8Harrison, XS Scuba
Model #9San-o-sub

I'm a big fan of making things as F*ckup-proof as possible - I'm planning to add Vindicators to my revised CCR setup, and if/when I eventually own a dive centre then I will be putting Vindicators on all of the cylinders there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom