Green scuba gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the great info. I didnt know about any of those brands.

I have found that mares has a lime/neon green in some of their items. I bought some green Mares Raptors split fins, a wenoka blunt time knife with green trimmings, and thinking about buying the Mares X-Vision Liquidskin mask that comes in green once I have tried one on at a LDS to make sure it fits, Ill post a picture of my gear soon.

But my question is, why is green not found in most brands? its a very commun color so dont know why its just not found like so many other colors. Oceanic , Cressi and tusa do not seem to work in those colors. Dont think Scubapro does either.

But my question is, why is green not found in most brands? its a very commun color so dont know why its just not found like so many other colors. Oceanic , Cressi and tusa do not seem to work in those colors. Dont think Scubapro does either.

Back in the 1950s, plenty of gear was made in solid colours, including green. Nowadays western diving equipment manufacturers make their products available either in solid black or multicoloured. The result in the case of wet and dry suits can be a garment resembling a clown's suit. Good design is about restraint, knowing that just because something can be made in multiple colours doesn't mean it should be made in multiple colours.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom