Green Force Dive Lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sydney_Diver:
Yes
Try bashing a Halcyon head on a bench top just once and see what happens.

I have seen Greenforce heads beaten over and over onto a bench top with the full force of two hands so the head dents the bench and they still work :D:

Cheers
Chris

wow thats pretty cool. i may consider getting these. problem is sourcing one out in the philippines

Spoon:
wow thats pretty cool. i may consider getting these. problem is sourcing one out in the philippines

Try the Greenforce Agent in Australia, I am sure they will be able to help you out.

divetek@divetekoz.com

Cheers
Chris

Sydney_Diver:
I have seen Greenforce heads beaten over and over onto a bench top with the full force of two hands so the head dents the bench and they still work...
Nice! The HID head or the LED one?

Spoon:
are these better than the halcyons?

Absolutely......The simple fact that your system NEVER becomes obsolete. Add the quality of the product, you can’t compare. And like Sidney Divers said, their 21watt HID is bullet proof. I too have see it get beaten on a table top, try that with any other 18 or 21 watt, and you're in for a big surprise and out $$$.

Hi there Jon -

The one diver I know of who has a greenforce has been very happy with it. The only issues are cost and having a local distributor handy for when things go wrong.

greg1:
Absolutely......The simple fact that your system NEVER becomes obsolete. Add the quality of the product, you can’t compare. And like Sidney Divers said, their 21watt HID is bullet proof. I too have see it get beaten on a table top, try that with any other 18 or 21 watt, and you're in for a big surprise and out $$$.

Hi there Greg - I think this post is your 37th testimonial to a Manta product: may I ask why such a keen interest in their spring straps, reels and lights?

greg1:
Absolutely...... Add the quality of the product, you can’t compare. .

There’s several light manufactures who make top notch products that are not only comparable in quality but also cheaper...

greg1:
their 21watt HID is bullet proof... I too have see it get beaten on a table top, try that with any other 18 or 21 watt, and you're in for a big surprise and out $$$.

Most lights that use the 21 watt brightstar bulb are similarly robust - I can do that trick with my Salvo as well if I wished to: its the bulb, not the light.

Don't get me wrong - Greenforce are good lights, but they're not as unique as the quotes suggest...

Cheers,
Rohan.

Tassie_Rohan:
Hi there Jon -

The one diver I know of who has a greenforce has been very happy with it. The only issues are cost and having a local distributor handy for when things go wrong.

Hi there Greg - I think this post is your 37th testimonial to a Manta product: may I ask why such a keen interest in their spring straps, reels and lights?

There’s several light manufactures who make top notch products that are not only comparable in quality but also cheaper...

Most lights that use the 21 watt brightstar bulb are similarly robust - I can do that trick with my Salvo as well if I wished to: its the bulb, not the light.

Don't get me wrong - Greenforce are good lights, but they're not as unique as the quotes suggest...

Cheers,
Rohan.

Hi Ryan,

I just happen to be into lights, I have a garage full of old ones, many other brands. I just like to offer my input on the topic that are my main interest, reels and lights. I've participated in other thread and discussed by experience with my back plate set up and too. I personally am very happy with their equipment. There are plenty of people that subscribe to DIR and preach SP, Halcyon and DR continuously, I just subscribe and advocate Manta equipment.

I hope this clarifies things for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom