Greek Dive Sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've gone diving off Samos and Chios this past September. Not much in the way of fish, an occasional octopus and moray. There is some coral, but more sponges underneath rocks (if you find an arch, that can make a nice pic). You'll often come across antiquities that make good subjects. But don't touch, as that will get you in a lot of trouble.

Oh, and if you have 15,000 Euros, you can dive never seen before ancient shipwrecks. That's the cost of sponsoring archaeologists. It is a smart way Greece is financing archaeology, as there is a lot of stuff down there. The title of this article is a bit misleading: Stunned Archaeologists Find 22 Ancient Greek Shipwrecks, as there is no reason for the archaeologists to have been stunned, as they were led there by the son of a sponge diver who recorded the coordinates. It was 3 American divers who financed the work done.

I'm actually going to try to organize a group in 2017 to do this. Need to figure out first how many divers can fit in the boat. It is basically 2 dives per day for 2 weeks. I'd recommend diving this sidemount as the depths are between 25 and 50 meters typically. For those interested, PM me.

Back
Top Bottom