Great White Shark spotted...in Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CRAP!
And I thought the Lionfish were bad news!

Chug
(Likes sharks.)

Actually people pay good money to fly to Australia, Africa, Northern California (Farallon Islands), or Guadalupe Island (Mexico) to get in the water with great white sharks.

Lock Washer

Great Whites offshore in North Florida isn't that uncommon in the winter months. They follow the Right Wales during their calfing season hoping to catch a newborn. At the very minimum, the sharks get the afterbirths. Its impressive when you look down from the boat into the water to see a huge eyeball staring back....oh ****, time to pick another dive site.

Though it was not as impressive as diving with them in Guadalupe.

Theres a great white jaw in a Cancun restaurant in a display stating that it came to Isla Mujeres and got trapped in fishing nets and died.... That has like 6-8 yrs since it happened???; well i hope really hope to see one in my life... loooove sharks!

Cancun and great whites??? he was probably in spring break! lol.

They never thought that Great Whites would show up in Hawaii either. Until this video surfaced:

Great White Shark Encounter in Hawaii

Interesting note also...they started tagging the great whites off Northern California, and Guadalupe, Mexico and found that treked to a spot midway between Hawaii and California called "The Great White Shark Cafe".

Lock Washer

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom