Great White on the Naeco?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, Gavin posted pictures on Facebook. I guess it hung out with him from 130'-30' before it disappeared.

Randy, just keep diving Hatteras and you might get the chance. I saw one August year ago drifting off the Tarpon when doing the deco. Sneaked up behind us, turned around and there it was about five to ten feet deeper and fifteen feet away looking me over. It turned and with one flip of the tail, which was huge, it moved off. I didn't have a camera but the pic is in my brain forever. Third one I've seen and this one was the biggest.

Dave we are down almost every month this season. Hopefully Poseiden will be kind this year and let one swim in on us. I think they are an amazing creature that few people ever get to see in person. Being on the water a lot, you have way more opportunities than us recreational divers.

Gavin is one of the mates on olympus...this is one of the pics he posted.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 177
Yeah I had to go back and reattach it. Let's just say me and technology don't always play well together...lmao

Wow. Just looking at the photo, without any visual references to gauge its size against, you can still tell that thing's big. Wonder how long?

Richard.

He said it was around 15'....and it was about 12' away when at that point. Untagged.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom