Great weekend! We hit the Pinta and Gulf Trade.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Viscya

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
After all the blowouts in October, there were a lot of folks trying to get out this weekend. The Independence made it out with for two trips. Saturday we headed to the Pinta, and Sunday to the Gulf Trade. Both days had 25-30 ft of vis and 57 degrees on the bottom. Lobsters and tog were brought up along with some unique artifacts, and a few strange pictures.

Check here: Dive Log for the full report and pictures.

081108hold.jpg

Nice pictures! I remember diving the Pinta and getting lumber off it in 1975 or 76' I always thought it was a cool dive but the vis always seemed to suck. Some day I would like to dive NJ again, haven't done it in probably 20 years.

dd,

Unfortunately, the Pinta is often hit when the off-shore conditions are bad. This means the inshore conditions can be marginal. Today was not much different. It's a good wreck on it's own. I've heard of expeditions to recover some of her cargo. I'm not sure of the outcome.

If you're interested in stopping out again, contact Captain Dan 732.323.7878. His boat is ship shape, and makes an instructor feel welcome.

wow i cant wait to get my AOW to do this dive...

SMG, Again, thanks for the positive feedback!!! I love diving these wrecks, I just want to share. I'm glad you enjoy the posts. I really hope you get out and can share the experience!!!!!

Dive Safe!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom