Great Service - Great Companies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ritchard

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
You know, we all are pretty good at complaining when things don't go the way we want; I try hard to give credit where credit is due. I have two recent experiences to report on.

First, I have a couple of Ikelite PClights as backups. One stopped working right. I figured I needed a particular part, but thought maybe that was the end of the expensive little lamp due to the pain in the neck factor of ordering the part. Was it really worth the trouble to save a little light?

I Emailed Ikelite. A fellow from service called me shortly after, asked how he could help. I told him what I thought I wanted, he described the part back to me, and we agreed on the part required. He then sent it to me, no charge. I have no receipt or anything like that, no way to prove it should be warranteed, but it didn't matter anyhow. It wasn't an expensive part or anything, but Ikelite went out of their way to help me out with fixing this simple little light. Pain in the neck factor was eliminated. I love it when companies stand behind their stuff! Here's to Ikelite!

Second story: I have a Tektite strobe. After only a few uses it stopped being as crazy blindingly bright as when I first got it. I sent an Email to Tektite, and the PRESIDENT OF THE COMPANY emailed me back saying please send the laight to them, they'd fix it right up. Well today, three weeks later, it arrived home safe. I slapped some batteries in it, and voila! it's bright enough to blind your grannnie again. Here's another company that stood behind their stuff. Way to go, Tekttite.

If you are considering products from either of these firms, know that your dealing with good folks.

Thanks for listening, dive safe,

RF

Thanks for sharing these stories of good customer service. It's always a pleasure to do business with someone who treats you like a valued customer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom