Great Pyrenees - New Addition To My Family

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That must be the one I am thinking of then. I ran into a woman at the gas station one day that had one of those in the back seat of her convertible. It was comprable to me in a matchbox car :confused::D

You'll have to keep us updated on the cutie.

Yep. He's going to be a monster. He'll attain his full height at 18 months, and from there, he'll finish filling out. My daughter named him Polar Bear. If I had my way, I would have named him Sasquatch. LOL

Couple more pics:

"Shhhhh.... I hiding!"
c77d1ce55d8e.jpg

"Darn flash hurts my eyes and makes them BLUE!!"
b5a79e7d07d9.jpg

any relation to a 'jonah bear' in charleston sc? i don't know how many of this breed there are or where you live, so i thought i'd ask...

definitely cute! and weighs 7 lbs more than my 1 year old! though jameson's cuter... :wink:

Not sure of his lineage. His parents were there at the farm, along with his litter mates. I suppose the lineage could be traced all the way back to the French side of the Pyrenees mountain range... (Hell, as it was, I had to drive clear out to Lancaster, TN -- Two hours and three highways away. LOL

Hey, that's awesome! They're great dogs (no pun intended), even if they do have an independent streak (read very strong willed)! We've had our Dakota for four years, we got her at age one, after my parents and brother got her sister and brother as puppies.

Dakota is the one sitting on the deck, Cleo is my parents' Pryenees pictured in the cuddy cabin with our other dog Sydney. They all love a boat ride, but don't think too much of being in the water :(

Bear looks like he'll have similar markings to Dakota, and the same (St. Bernard) head shape, as opposed to Cleo who is all white and has the a more delicate, collie like head.

They never fail to draw a crowd and attention in public.

Congratulations!

Attachments

• DSCF0049.jpg
    DSCF0049.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCF0055.jpg
    DSCF0055.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 40
Aww how cute! We got new puppies here too.... they wont be quite as big, but after years with Great Danes, I was ready for something a bit smaller. (Dont get me wrong, we still have our Danes and love them, but they live comfortably with my mom and step dad! :) )

Meet Trigger:

trigger4.jpg

And Bullet:

bullet5.jpg

I went with the intention of getting one. There were two left, and I didnt have the heart to leave Trigger with those sad "love me" eyes. Best thing I ever did- they are true buds, and they keep each other company.

And Frank... I know about big dogs, you will love Bear more and more every day.... Heres our Bravo:

bravo2-1.jpg

Any time you want to bring him over for a play date, my dogs are current on their vaccs and LOVE to play!! :wink: :wink:

Wow!! Bravo is one regal looking fella'!! Truly a GREAT Dane! :) The Basset Hound is cute, too!

Chad, your dogs are gorgeous! Of course, I'm partial to the Great Pyr! :D

Man, I'm not even a dog person... I've always preferred cats for their independence and ease of care, but Bear has really captured my heart. :)

Super cute! I love BIG dogs

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom