Great Lakes Shipwreck Festival - Sat. April 19th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice pictures Rick, the show in itself was great, met quite a few Scubaboarders also including you. I for one can't wait until the next one. Still want to get down your way to dive, hopefully I can this summer.

Mike

Yes, 'twas very nice meeting so many Scubaboarders. Missed Betail but met some of his MUD buddies late in the evening.

It was great having the festival back. Dave Trotter's evening presentation was like a trip through the years. He did a presentation based on the Shipwreck Hunter book. So many of the wrecks were presentations at past shows.

Here's to future festivals!

Paula

p.s. Nice picts Rick!

Unfortunately, I had to work at the last minute and missed all of the day presentations. Well...I actually made it for the last 5 minutes of the Straits of Mackinaw shipwrecks. Walked in, sat down in the front row with my friends and the presenter asked if anyone had any questions. It hurt but, I restrained myself from asking "what did I miss?" :)

The evening program was amazing and the best one was Dave Trotter. I'm not a big wreck diver and only dive here because of money restrictions. But, now I am a little more excited about learning about the wrecks I dive in Lake Huron. And I got the book about the Lake Michigan and Superior wrecks. Would like to try out Lake Michigan again.

Next year I am planning to take the day off well in advance.

It was a great show. Lots of good presentations through the day and the evening was no disapointment. Sorry I missed Paula, but I will just have t catch up over a couple bowls of hot soup at the M&G!

It was a great show. Lots of good presentations through the day and the evening was no disapointment. Sorry I missed Paula, but I will just have t catch up over a couple bowls of hot soup at the M&G!

& over the fancy fixin's you'll be bringing for the coffee!!!!!

This is the first one I have knowling missed. :-( I was promised to NOAA and their regional MATE ROV competition. We had 140 kids on 17 different teams try and earn a place in the San Diego competition in June. I was filming them and by the end of the day I was completly water logged.
I hope that Seahorses set their dates a little earlier IF they are going to do it again next year.

I hope that Seahorses set their dates a little earlier IF they are going to do it again next year.
They are holding it again next year and the date is set for February 28th 2009 - I have just finished setting up a website template for the show which we will add to as details are finalized: Great Lakes Shipwreck Festival.

Cheers

Rick

sharp looking website rick, nice job.

x2 :d

I had fun doing it. Unfortunately with the show being so early in the year I won't be able to make it this time round...

Back
Top Bottom