Great info on fins! Now, how about masks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tadzio

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
after all of the excellent posts and reccomendations on fins (i think ill stick with the jets untill i can afford force fins) my mask broke and i wanted to hear suggestions on a good new one. i was looking at aqualung maui mask because they are sturdy and good all round masks imo. does anyone have any other recommendations?

thanx

tadzio

Hello Tadzio,
Like all personal equipment, fit and comfort is the most important qualities in dive gear.
I personally use an Atomic Aquatics Red Sub Frame and love it. They are the sturdiest masks I've run into so far. The Oceanic Pioneer may be another choice, but they are at least one or more months away yet.
Take care & Happy Holidays,
George

Personal recommendation - unless you're a girl (in which case I don't recommend you try this) - grow a beard or bit of one and try diving with your selection of masks. If iit works when you're hairy you're laughing. Also see how it works when you exhale out your nose. Must say tho, if you've between 1000 and 2000 dives I must fall into the granny sucking eggs category. J

I currently have three masks.

Maui for diving for fun, Aeris Coral for classes and a Tecnosub as a backup in my BCD pocket.

Effectively, the key advantage of the MAUI is taht it is sturdy. I also like it because it gives a good field of vision. I'm not very fond of mask where each eye has an individual frame.

I hope this helps.

Thank you, it doesnt matter how many dives i have, everyones suggestions are important to me. thanks again though. T

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom