Great first trip with Megalodon Charters & pics of finds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pat S

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
A last minute cancel of another trip due to sea conditions left me with no plans this weekend so I jumped on the Megalodon Charter this morning. I've done beach entry at Venice before, but this was my first boat dive there.
I'll call it beginners luck but I found 3 Megs (3 3/4", 3 5/8", 3") and a 2 1/8" mako or maybe meg?, a nice horse tooth, and whale ear. Also found lots of dugong rib parts, whale bone fragments, and turtle shell parts.
Great charter and site selection! Vis was relatively good at maybe 10'-15', but temps are getting chilly and were in the low 70's today. Almost had to wrestle a huge crab to get the nicest tooth that was at the entry to his hole and guarded by his giant claw.

Attachments

• 2-18-Front.jpg
    2-18-Front.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 162
  • 3-34-Front.jpg
    3-34-Front.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 156
  • 3-58-Front.jpg
    3-58-Front.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 161
  • 3in-front.jpg
    3in-front.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 131
  • horse.jpg
    horse.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 137
  • whale-ear.jpg
    whale-ear.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Holy cow! I've gone a few times with them and had a great time, but I've never found any Megalodon teeth yet. It's my dream to do it though. I have 15 dives booked with them over the next two months. I'm a man on a mission!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom