Great dives today - Airport Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
With the heavy rain it was not looking good, but despite the heavy clouds we had good vis at Airport beach today. Max vis was around 60ft on the second reef. Ended up doing 2 dives with a couple students (their first OW dives) and we all had a blast. I was really encouraged with my students progress as well. Both were very attentive, and even managed a decent air sharing ascent drill on the second dive, holding their 15ft stop for 3 minutes while sharing air (they bounced around a bit, but I was very pleased - wish I'd had bouyancy control like that when I first started :wink: ) We wound up doing two 50 minute dives at 38fsw. I REALLY wish these guys lived here as they would make a great team to dive with, unfortunately they leave next week after a month long vacation :(

Hope you all had a great land day, or found some nice water to dive into :D

Aloha, Tim

sigh... no diving today, and given the amount of rain we saw down here (and that swell), I'm not expecting conditions to be all that great for the next week or so.

Last year when we saw the similar storm (day after the earthquake), the runoff in Wailea left us with some rotten conditions at Ulua (I was in the water that day... it became a "night" dive at 9am, as soon as you descended a foot or two).

We'll see... hopefully there's a pleasant surprise. :)

We're gonna head back to Airport again today, hopefully the second reef is as nice today as yesterday. If it's not, we'll just finish up our nitrox portion of the class and call it a day.

Aloha, Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom