great dives on the papoose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yardpro

Contributor
Reaction score
Morehead City, North Carolina, United States
# of dives
0 - 24
went out yesterday with tortuga, and the virginia beach crew.

weather was epic.. there was a carolina skiff dlv flat bottom way out there.. thats how calm it was.

the water was great... great viz, lots of fish.

there were two sand tigers.. one was HUGE... at least 12' and really thick.

at about 50' there was a huge school or really big barracuda... they were being "schoolyard bullies" as Ken put it.
they were being unusually aggressive/inquisitive...

they were great dives and we had a great group. Everyone had great conversation on the SI, and trip out and back.

all in all a fantastic trip..

the wreck was beaat up by the july 3rd hurricane.... but it is cooler that before... lots more nooks and crannies.

thnx for posting

Only 2 sharks on the papoose? Sounds like a good day for spearing.

Great day is an understatement Steve. We had a blast diving with you guys again. Working on videos from sunday and monday this evening.

Jurassic park was outrageous!!!!!

Ken your videos just get better and better. I almost don't want to follow that one up!!

Thanks Randy. It is hard not to get better when you look at some of my original stuff. I think it is a couple of things that are helping me improve. The first is the way I film. I started just trying to flow down the wreck maintaining good buoyancy control. I try not to move the camera but let it record what I see looking straight ahead. I try to turn my entire body to change subjects instead of the camera.

The biggest thing is my editing. Less is more. I now try to limit each clip to <10 seconds. And try to keep the finished product to < 4 minutes. I have a new high powered laptop and editing software on the way. That should allow me to really improve.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom