Great dive at breakwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dryglove

Contributor
Reaction score
Well i spent the last two days at monterey and it was great.We had great weather with it getting cloudy tuesday night.

I did two dives along the wall at breakwater tuesday morning.The vis was easily 30+ feet with the water being perfectly clear.I had to pinch myself to make sure i was actually diving monterey.There were so many fish out.Lots of seabass and perch along with schools of other fish.The crabs were out in force along with the ever playful seals.I seen some nudibrances that i have never seen before.I wish i would have gone to backscatter to rent a camera.

There were plenty of trawlers inside the bay not to far outside the kelp.They were there for both days.I was told they were getting squid.They kept tossing seal bombs in the water.I never realized how loud those things are.As far as they were you could still feel the vibration in the water.I thought they were going off right next to me.Scared the crap out of me when i heard the first one then i realized what they were.

On the plus side i finally got to try out my halcyon BP/wing set up along with my cannister light with the new style halcyon 10w head.Everything worked wonderful.I definitely love my new set up.Talk about low drag.I raced a few seals and left them in my dust.......just kidding...lol.....but it is a smooth setup with low drag and great trim characteristics.Im hooked!!

The downside is that there is supposed to be a storm coming in so diving may not be feasible this weekend but i will keep my fingers crossed.Hopefully the great vis will hold up through the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom