Great Deal on Disney Hotel for Christmas??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flannabeck

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm hopeful this is the place to post a good deal on hotel rooms for Christmas week in Orlando (Disney)? If not, Moderator, please delete my post. We purchased four non-refundable rooms for a brand new Disney hotel pre-opening for Christmas - New Year's for a promotional rate ($70/nt incl tax). My cousins backed out. We have three extra rooms? Anyone interested in one or more rooms? We're a family of four (two divers, two snorkelers). No obligation to dive with us or visit Disney, that's up to you. Beck

Go ahead and email me if you know of someone who's interested:

winghavn63368@hotmail.com

"We are a very active group of divers that dive some of the most diverse locations in the state of Florida. We have it all, and we dive it all. From springs to saltwater wrecks, reefs to shore diving. Whether you are looking for information on dive sites or dive buddies, feel free to jump right in. Everyone is welcome."

Normally, I would take you up on this offer, but Disney during Christmas week...I have done it once and vowed never to do it again.

We purchased four non-refundable rooms for a brand new Disney hotel pre-opening for Christmas - New Year's for a promotional rate ($70/nt incl tax).

You didn't mention the hotel name. ??:confused: :idk:

I don't know of a Disney Hotel that's opening this time of year. Haven't heard of them selling "pre opening" room rates either.

You're still 45 days out and you can cancel any Disney Vacation package 45 days out if booked through Disney.

Are you sure this is a "Disney Property" ?

Oops, I've never been to Disney, so I didn't realize there was a difference between a "Disney property" and being "on Disney property". Sorry about that. Thank you for pointing that out. My former post wasn't very clear. Let me rework it. My cousins and I booked four rooms to the Holiday Inn on Hotel Plaza Blvd before they reopened in January of this year, for Christmas to New Year's (including New Year's Eve). The rooms were nonrefundable, so unless I can find another family who wants to go with us, my cousins have really messed things up for me. Teri

Last edited:
Ok... that's the Holiday Inn over in "Downtown Disney" shopping (outdoor mall) area.

It's not a Disney Property, but they made a deal to build on the Disney property. There's a Hilton and a few others that are in that same strip area.

btw to everyone. $70/night (with tax) is a good deal for that hotel on it's location and recent remodel.

Thank you for giving that information, Mike. I had no idea Disney had their own hotels. Amazing. Obviously, Disney is a megabusiness with lots of land, so it shouldn't have surprised me. But it just didn't occur to me they were into accomodations, too. :) The Holiday Inn website says it's close enough to walk to Disney, so we can avoid renting a car. I sure hope that's true. I'm not against a good walk, but if it's a half hour, that might be a little much! We're looking forward to our vacation. Have heard it's fantastic, even for older children like we have (9 and 12). Have a good day!

Thank you for giving that information, Mike. I had no idea Disney had their own hotels. Amazing. Obviously, Disney is a megabusiness with lots of land, so it shouldn't have surprised me. But it just didn't occur to me they were into accomodations, too. :)

They've only got about 25,000 rooms. :D (reference Answers.com - How many hotel rooms are there at Disney World)

most of their resorts have at least 2,000 rooms per resort.

The Holiday Inn website says it's close enough to walk to Disney, so we can avoid renting a car. I sure hope that's true.

Depends on what you mean by "Disney". This Holiday Inn is close enough to walk to "Downtown Disney", which is a huge shoppig and entertainment complex.

It's not close enough to walk to Disney Magic Kingdom. That's 6-7 miles away. see distance/map at http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...sspn=0.070674,0.140419&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=12&via=1
The hotel will have a shuttle bus, but I suggest you call and get a DETAILED shuttle bus schedule from them before you go. I've stayed at a Hotel outside Disney before that offered "free shuttle" to the parks, only to find out that they only went to each park once a day in the morning and once in the afternoon/evening to pick up. So you had to go on their schedule if you didn't have a rental car.

Using the transportation system isn't a bad thing..... cause parking at Disney is $14/day per park. Unless you're staying in a Disney Property and then it's free. Since this Holiday Inn is located on Disney property, but it not part of the Disney 'empire', you'd have to check with them to see what's included and isn't.

I'm not against a good walk, but if it's a half hour, that might be a little much! We're looking forward to our vacation. Have heard it's fantastic, even for older children like we have (9 and 12). Have a good day!

You'll have a good trip. It's a fun time for kids of all ages.

sounds like you might want to do some reading up though on stuff. I'd suggest getting the "Unofficial Guide" to Disney. It'll save you a lot of grief reading and learning about the parks before hand.

Also, if you've not made dinner reservations for any dining "inside the park" (at theme parks or resorts), you want to do that now. Hopefully you can still get some. A lot of the places book up for dinner reservations 180 out. (no... I'm not kidding). I can make some recomendations as I'm sure others here can also.

you also might want to check out The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com - Powered by vBulletin . It's the Disney equivalent of Scubaboard.

If you want to do the Epcot Dive, you'll need to book that early also. FYI, you get a 10% discount if you tell them you're PADI, NAUI certified. A discount if you've got AAA Auto Club (can't remember how much). a 20% discount if you book with the Chase Disney Visa.

Read about their ticket structure. You can basically buy a one day or add on several multiday tickets. It's cheaper to do the multi day. Read about Park Hoppers and see if it'll be good for you. (it basically allows you to visit multiple parks in one day on the same ticket.).

have fun... it'll be a great trip.

Oh my goodness, Mike. You're so kind. Thank you for the wealth of information. Coincidentally, my friend got the Unofficial Guide for me at Goodwill a few weeks ago! I didn't know it would help me so much or I would've read it by now. *smile* So I guess that's going on my to-do list this week. I'm gonna have to reread your posting a few times so I can digest everything you've said. And one more thing..................THANK YOU for letting me know Disneyworld is so far away from the Disney hotel. I had NO idea "walking distance" was to the downtown area and not the park. OMG. You're fantastic. Sounds like you've been to Disney a few times. Heh heh. Thanks again!

I understand the confusion, everything is "Disney" and if you arent familiar with all the different aspects of Disney, you can easily get them mixed up.
Hope you have a fun trip!

I have stayed in the area around downtown disney, and the hotel we were at did have their own shuttle buses. In retrospect, it would have been quicker to take the official disney buses that go between the parks and downtown disney.

Our hotel shared a bus with 3-4 other hotels, so the ride was about 20-30 minutes depending on which way the buses were running.

Downtown disney has a bus stop at either end IIRC that seemed to run more often. Check those stops out also.

This is the Google maps view of the nearest official Disney bustop to your hotel (if I have the right hotel for you). Zoom out a bit and your hotel is a couple of blocks over to the right on the main road. You can judge for yourself if the walk is worth it for official buses or just to use the hotels bus.

holiday inn downtown disney - Google Maps

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom