Great deal at Turneffe Island Lodge!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was there for a week in April 2005 (time flies!). I didn't have any problems with bugs at that time. I'm a mosquito magnet so I was happy to come away with no bites!

I really enjoyed Turneffe Island. Dive sites very near the resort. Almost a liveaboard on land. But it was before my first liveaboard! I would consider going back at some point.

The non-divers had a great time as well. They did daily snorkel trips. The guide went in the water with the guests and found lots of critters to show them.

Have a great time!

Thanks to everyone, first of all. I appreciate the comments and as usual, this community comes through with good information. After checking everything out, we have booked at TIR for 8/15 to 8/22. We were able to take advantage of the special diver's package discount, and the three of us get two adjoining rooms at no extra charge. With a cheap direct flight from Newark ($1,190 for 3) and no jumper flight required as at Hamanasi, this is a great deal. We can't wait to go!

I'm feeling very spoiled - Cozumel this past February, Utopia Village, Utila in April, and now this. We even have a dive set up for the Living Seas (or whatever they call it now) at Epcot in November! :D :D

Now I just have to learn how to use the new strobe I ordered for my u/w camera...

Excellent!

Glad you guys are booked. They really are making some sweet deals right now and I'm glad you guys got in on it. I was even thinking about asking if they would consider letting me prepay at the current price for a return trip next year. But who knows, it may be even a better deal next year.

This has been a good year for diving. I was in Bonaire in February, Little Cayman Beach Resort just a few weeks ago, and now this trip in August. Got Hawaii so far on the books for next year.

You're going to love it there!

My wife and I spent two weeks at TIR (then TIL) last sumer, late June to mid-July. I'm one of the ones who raved about it on Trip Advisor as well as Undercurrent.

There was a stiff breeze almost the entire time we were there, so bugs were not an issue. We brought some bug repellant with us but thankfully never had to use it.

Normally we don't like to go to the same place more than once as there's just so much to see and do out there. However, we would go back again this summer, but we're already committed to Hawaii in July and the Keys in August. I'm sure we'll go back next year. My wife and I agree that it was our favorite vacation ever. Even after two weeks, I wasn't ready to leave.

Last edited:
You're going to love it there!

My wife and I spent two weeks at TIR (then TIL) last sumer, late June to mid-July. I'm one of the ones who raved about it on Trip Advisor as well as Undercurrent.

There was a stiff breeze almost the entire time we were there, so bugs were not an issue. We brought some bug repellant with us but thakfully never had to use it.

Normally we don't like to go to the same place more than once as there's just so much to see and do out there. However, we would go back again this summer, but we're already committed to Hawaii in July and the Keys in August. I'm sure we'll go back next year. My wife and I agree that it was our favorite vacation ever. Even after two weeks, I wasn't ready to leave.

Thanks! Now the wait is going to kill me even more than it already is!:D

:D You bet! :D

If you have any questions before you go, feel free to PM me. I love talking about the place because it always brings back such great memories.

Hi All, My wife and I booked TIL for the week of 5 Sep; couldn't resist the deal, also got airfare $300 pp for AA from DC to BZE...WOW! As for the bugs; We have used a natural repellant called Cactus Juice, it has worked for us in Bonaire, Florida, Curacao, etc.....here is the link for more info. Cactus Juice

Glad you guys got booked! It's just too good of a deal to pass up I think. And airfare is at an all time low for some destinations. I've just never seen it this cheap. We're all going to have a great time!

Anyone else gonna get on the bandwagon?

My wife and are booked for the first week in August. I actually stumpled across the deal searching for a dive destination on the internet. Coincidently, TIR's office is a couple of blocks away from mine. Almost every review a read on TIR was positive (including a relative lack of bugs). I'm a diving newbie, so I probably won't be diving the Blue Hole.

Has anyone done any research re travel insurance? I've never purchased travel insurance before, but given its hurricane season we probably will be purchasing it for this trip. What a headache. I wonder how many people actually read the insurance certificate and know what their coverage actually is. I'm looking for a basic cancel for any reason policy that will also cover us if we miss the boat to the island. We have dive insurance through DAN.

I have never purchased travel insurance and probably have been lucky so far but it's worth looking into. We do have DAN insurance for any medical emergency but I don't know if you can get trip insurance through them. Probably not. Maybe someone will post here that knows of a good travel insurance company for trips like this.

As far as the Blue Hole, be sure to go on the trip even if you don't feel like you should dive the hole because they make a day out of it and have two other dives on that trip. You could probably just stay shallow in the hole if you don't feel comfortable going to 130'.

Back
Top Bottom