Great deal at Turneffe Island Lodge!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BDSC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
First let me say that I am in no way associated with this resort. It's just when I find a really great deal, I like to let my fellow divers in on it.

Turneffe Island Lodge is right now offering a deal where the first diver pays $2030 for a week and the second diver goes for only $300.00. Here is a link to the resort:

Belize Inclusive Fishing & Diving Resorts | Turneffe Island Resort | Lighthouse Reef Atoll

This resort gets incredible reviews and if you have ever wanted to do Belize but don't want to do a live aboard then this is the way to do it.

About a year ago the prices for this were about $2400 or so for each diver. (Or something like that) But with a slow economy they are doing what they have to do to get people in. I think you have to book by the end of July and complete travel by the middle of September. We're booked for August!

We just got back from a week at TIL. It was terrific. There were 17 guests the week we were there (about half capacity). Half fly fisherman and half divers. Only needed the one boat for diving.

Great!

I've been wanting to go for a long time but it wasn't a cheap trip my any means. But now it's such an incredible deal and the flights are cheap as well. We are flying RT from Charlotte, NC for $344 each and that includes taxes and everything. Can't wait to go.

Well, we travelled a heck of a lot further and had a horrid exchange rate so it was a very expensive trip. I can give you details if you wish, but it might spoil the surprise!

Well, we travelled a heck of a lot further and had a horrid exchange rate so it was a very expensive trip. I can give you details if you wish, but it might spoil the surprise!

Feel free to spoil the surprise if you'd like to give more details. NO matter how great or even bad someone can make a place sound, nothing can replace actually being there!

We are considering Turneffe for August as well; two divers and a non-diver. We're recently returned from Utopia dive village. Utila, (just the two divers) which we loved. The sand flies there were a problem for some of the other guests - they didn't like me too much. One question from our non-diver - are the no-see-ums / sand flies as pervasive as they are in the Bay Islands? It's more of an issue for someone planning to spend dive time by the pool or on the beach than for those of us on the boats or in the water. :D

We are considering Turneffe for August as well; two divers and a non-diver. We're recently returned from Utopia dive village. Utila, (just the two divers) which we loved. The sand flies there were a problem for some of the other guests - they didn't like me too much. One question from our non-diver - are the no-see-ums / sand flies as pervasive as they are in the Bay Islands? It's more of an issue for someone planning to spend dive time by the pool or on the beach than for those of us on the boats or in the water. :D

I don't know about the sand flies for sure but I don't remember seeing anyone mention that as being a problem at that resort. I'll go back and check tripadvisor and see if anyone mentions that in their reviews.

By the way, if there are three going, they aren't charging any extra for a single supplement if you need two rooms.

We are going August 22nd - 29th.

I saw that about the single supplement; but our "third" is 15yrs old. Having a separate room for her would be really really nice but may not sit well with the folks at Turneffe, lol. My daughter and I dive, and my wife who does not dive is a patient woman setting this up as a 50th (yikes) B'day present for me. We figured to use the discount to upgrade to a cabana.

We looked at Hamanasi as well which is why the no-see-um question arose. Hamanasi's "what to bring" advice makes it clear they suffer from the sand flies, although I didn't see any complaints on Tripadvisor reviews for their resort. The little buggers really did attack a few fellow travelers on Utila, so better to find out in advance and prepare.

We're booking this week either at this resort or elsewhere (also considering Curacao), but the discounts at Turneffe are very attractive and make it a better deal than Hamanasi, for example. Also no jumper flight required!

Our plans are for 8/15 to 8/22.

The week we were at TIL (May 2 to May 9) there was a fairly strong wind the entire time, so we had absolutely no issues with bugs of any type. The wind did play havoc with the vis and choppy seas though, but 50 to 70 feet vis beats 20 to 30 in the lake any day.

I read almost all the reviews at Tripadvisor and I didn't see anyone complain about bugs and a few even mentioned that there were no sand fly issues. So you'd be good to go with that.

Hope you get to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom