Grand Turk Diving & Osprey Beach Hotel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Damselfish:
When you say "Provo" do you actually mean diving on Provo (definitely not known to be the best diving in the island group) or are you talking about West Caicos where some of the Provo boats go?

I agree South Caicos is the best of them.
Sorry...I did not mean Provo itself.

pilot fish:
That sounds great. Would you comapre the diving to LC too?[/QUOIN
There is more activity in Grand Turk than Little Cayman but not a lot. If I had to choose,I would take Little Cayman over Grand Turk as far as the diving goes,but GT is a close second.

Tomdive:
pilot fish:
That sounds great. Would you comapre the diving to LC too?[/QUOIN
There is more activity in Grand Turk than Little Cayman but not a lot. If I had to choose,I would take Little Cayman over Grand Turk as far as the diving goes,but GT is a close second.

Close second sounds very good.

pilot fish:
That sounds great. Would you comapre the diving to LC too?

The diving is not quite LC but its damn close. The walls start deeper off GT and that makes for deeper, darker diving on the walls.

Tim Ingersoll:
The diving is not quite LC but its damn close. The walls start deeper off GT and that makes for deeper, darker diving on the walls.

Sounds like it might be better diving than Ambergris Caye, Belize? How deep are the walls?

pilot fish:
Sounds like it might be better diving than Ambergris Caye, Belize? How deep are the walls?
If you are considering strictly land based diving from Ambergris Cay,I would definatly recommend Grand Turk as far as quality of diving. Its been a couple years since Ive been there,but I remember the walls starting in approx 40ft where as little Cayman walls start as shallow as 20ft. The walls drop off into the abyss.

Tomdive:
If you are considering strictly land based diving from Ambergris Cay,I would definatly recommend Grand Turk as far as quality of diving. Its been a couple years since Ive been there,but I remember the walls starting in approx 40ft where as little Cayman walls start as shallow as 20ft. The walls drop off into the abyss.

I meant boat diving, which is all I did in Ambergris. What you've told me tells me a lot and indicates to me it is worth the trip. Thanks.

pilot fish:

If memory serves the walls in GT start at about 60 feet. LC walls were between 15 and 30 feet depending where you were on Jackson or Bloody Bay. That made for a lot of light on the top of the wall which was awesome and makes LC a little more attractive in my book.

Tim Ingersoll:
If memory serves the walls in GT start at about 60 feet. LC walls were between 15 and 30 feet depending where you were on Jackson or Bloody Bay. That made for a lot of light on the top of the wall which was awesome and makes LC a little more attractive in my book.

I've heard that LC is a tad better than GT but not by much, which sounds like it might be better than Ambergris.

My sense is that the diver that was interested in all this has already gone, but for the record I will give our opinion.

We believe the wall at Grand Turk top the other two destinations overall (OK I was at Cayman Brac not LC but dove BBW), it would be a toss up though for the outer cayes off Belize, they were spectacular but expensive to stay or to dive out of Ambergris Caye.

Just booked our fourth trip to GT with Oasis Divers (we do it every other year because we have SO much fun, the people are awesome, and the diving is SO terrific, and the whales..........)

Will be going to the galloping pogos in October, so this will be the warm relaxing trip as a prelude!

Susan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom