Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

harristom

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
The wife an I are talking about a trip to grand cayman next year. Someone mentioned that ther reef there has been destroyed... Is this accurate.

Can anyone reccommend and great dive sites, and where can the wife snorkle??

Thanx
Tom

harristom:
Someone mentioned that ther reef there has been destroyed... Is this accurate.
um, no. There are sites that show wear because they have been heavily dove, sure, just like happens many places. Hurricane Ivan got a few things as nature does once in awhile. But destroyed is certainly an very inaccurate generalization.

Cobalt Coast Resort has some of the best reefs in the Carribbean right out front. The diving and snorkeling is just awesome with abuntants of marine life. They call the shallow reef "Sea Fan Reef" because it has thousands of sea fans. Divetech at Cobalt runs 2 one hour dives from their boats and unlimited shore diving from their 2 shops.

The owners live on site and will cater to your needs.....

Don't forget the east end....very pristine....I was there last year, dove the whole island, very impressive!

harristom,
The diving at Grand Cayman is fantastic. I was there in May and July at Sunset House (http://www.sunsethouse.com/). Cobalt Coast is another good resort. Beach diving at both locations and great boat diving. Have a great trip!

No. I've been to Cayman a dozen times over the years, both before and after Ivan. Some of the west end sites are showing the effects of years of diving, imo, but still are pretty good. And the east end and north wall sides are spectacular.

worlddiver:
Cobalt Coast Resort has some of the best reefs in the Carribbean right out front. The diving and snorkeling is just awesome with abuntants of marine life. They call the shallow reef "Sea Fan Reef" because it has thousands of sea fans. Divetech at Cobalt runs 2 one hour dives from their boats and unlimited shore diving from their 2 shops.

The owners live on site and will cater to your needs.....

Just returned from Cayman and Cobalt Coast / Dive Tech

Great Diving

See my images at

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com/divetech/divetechpage.html

I too have stayed/dived with Sunset House. You can snorkel right there and they have a great dive op for everything else.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom