Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yea, Northeastwrecks. That's precisely the reason that we don't dive the Oro Verde anymore unless our divers beg for it. There are 2 mooring balls on the Oro Verde so, even if you're a small group tied to one ball, there's always the chance that a big loaded boat will tie up to the other ball and trounce on you and the coral! Not good!, but there is always the chance for a case or 2 of beer? :) There are a few smaller operations (us included) that accommodate a few cruise ship folks that are looking for a smaller more personalized operation than the cruise ship offers. Some divers are looking at cruise ship travel right now because of the cheap rates and the opportunity of checking out a few islands at one time. They do some homework and find us on the net. They have a much better time, longer bottom times, better dive sites and we've always gotten them back to their cruise ship on time. So, although the shore diving IS great here, there are options for those who want to boat dive with small groups off the cruise ships.

If I was on a cruise stopping at geand cayman I would walk from the terminal south to eden rock.

I've had some of my favorite dives ever there. Now, it can get crowded but the fish there are used to visitors, the entry is easy and the rock formation is breathtaking.

My best dive there was in the evening and we were the only people there. the swim throughs were full of silversides that could block out all light in either direction. the tarpon ingored us totally and the garden eels magically disappeared as we approached.

I'm looking forward to a night dive there on my next trip!

it's true that the coral is a little beat up there, more so than boat dives or sunset house. but don't believe the guidebooks that talk this spot down. it's world class.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom