Grand Cayman Vacation in March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Going to Compass point and diving with OF in March. Been to little cayman and brac. How does this diving compare? Water temps in March? We're ready to leave this Ohio winter behind also!

I hope it's pretty good! Ive heard that cayman brac is better but I'm going with family so it's more about them having fun! Only 13 days until departure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to Compass point and diving with OF in March. Been to little cayman and brac. How does this diving compare? Water temps in March? We're ready to leave this Ohio winter behind also!

It's good on GC, not as top notch though. Anything to get away from the snow this winter has got to be good, I hope you enjoy yourself. There is a lot to do on GC, plenty of places to drive.

Just reminiscing here..In March of '86, our family took it's 2nd " international trip " ---to GC of all places(went to Belize in Dec before for the 1st one)& stayed on the north side( I think it was) at Spanish Cove...had a WONDERFUL trip...good luck & hope ya'lls turns out as good as ours did......

Spanish Bay is long gone.
Cobalt Coast is just a bit west of where it was and has a very good shore dive site. GC is very different from what it was in 86, much more developed.

Heading back to GCM in May after a few years. I am using this forum to get up to date. We are staying 3 nights on North 7MB and 5 nights on Cayman Kai so we can do dive sites on both sides of the island more easily.

You will learn so much about everything Cayman by perusing previous posts in this forum. There is such a wealth of knowledge that I review it every year prior to my annual visit to the islands. Enjoy!

I'll be sure to post a report about my trip as I too will be staying on 7 mile and diving throughout our stay. I leave in four days!

BRD1,

My wife and I are leaving for GC this Thursday. This is an employer sponsored trip so we will only get in an afternoon of diving. Probably use RedSail Sports a they are the outfit my employer is using for all activities. Will share our experiences too.

The real dive trip is two weeks later: Belize Aggressor III . This is the second time for our dive group as we had a great time on the first trip.

Enjoy!

Just a follow up on the trip! I ended up going with ambassador and logged 13 dives including a shore/night dive. Simply awe inspiring trip all around and the crew at Ambassador is top notch!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom