Grand Cayman Status

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveDad

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'm headed to Grand Cayman on Thursday...any reports on the storm situation, damage and dive conditions?

I read on Cayman net news that the airline flight schedules would resume as normal today, so that's good news. I read one report that Cayman Brac had some storm damage.

Any news on Little Cayman? More to the point, will it still be standing when I get there on Saturday?

A few pieces of it may be spread about, but essentially, yes, it will be standing & ready for diving given that Lili keeps on her present path away from the Sisters.

Do have fun.

DocVikingo

Thanks Doc. I just called and they confirmed that they are up and running. And they won't be able to faciliate a conference call so I'll have to dive instead. Darn.

A little bit of wind and rain, but nothing too serious in Grand Cayman. I'm sure there is some minor street flooding in East End, Newlands, and other low-lying areas.

We will be diving tomorrow on the East End. One (Foolish?) operator was out there today as the last of the downpours came through.

Reports from the Brac and Little Cayman indicate more damage there, as the eye of the storm passed directly over the eastern end of the Brac. A few roofs were ripped off buildings, and some power lines down. Cleaning up may take a few days there, but business should be back to normal almost immediately.

near Little Cayman?

Should I expect the low viz we usally have in the mid-Atlantic region (strobe on the anchor line disappears from 15 feet)? I still plan to leave the drysuit at home.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom