Grand Cayman Ritz DIR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mayor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi! It’s been sometime since I made me way on to the site. Great to be back!

That said I need some help. Next week I will be diving in the Caymans and need some advice on ops. As a technical diver I can be a little picky with operations. My favorite recreational dive op is Aldora in Coz. Anything like that in the Caymans near the Ritz. Also since i’m Only diving a day or two I would also like to hit the must see spots up front. Again looking for recreational profiles but advanced dive op and spots. Thank in advance for the information!!!

I second Divetech - pretty much the only tech operation there. Like most shops on Cayman - the bulk if their diving will be rec. focused thoiugh

They're 3.7 miles north of the Ritz - check with them as they have shuttles that pick up at a couple nearby resorts so could probably get you daily - most Cayman shops include a van shuttle as part of their service. Some operators have similar names so check b4 you board one.

Just a short ride off their property is Ghost Mountain, arguably one of the best. Babylon further east makes top 50 dives on the planet lists. You'll likely have to find someone diving it as a special trip from the west side but some shops go weekly. But there's a lot of signature dives on the North Wall within about 10-15 mins. of their location. Also Lighthouse Point which they are on is one of the better shore dives. IIRC there's a restaurant there now also since it's located in a condo complex not really close to other food.

To some extent winter conditions on the North side will dictate dive location selection or they'll move boats south if needed. Just tell them what you want to see and let them pick the best sites available the days you're diving.

i've dove 4-5 of these and agree: Top 10 Dives - Wall to Wall Diving
check with them about Babylon - they dive it on their 3-tank regularly - takes most of the day.

Tourist high season so you may want to make some calls now tp secire a spot.

dive site list with videos

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom