Grand Cayman: Restaurants in operation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yazmeen

Registered
Reaction score
Diver hubby and I will be headed to Cayman later this month (Sunset House as usual) and I just wanted to check from those in the know as to the status of open restaurants since Ivan left town. We've seen one list and know a couple of favorites are up and running (Deckers, Lone Star) but what about some of the ones closer to town? Is Rackham's Pub open, and how about some of the little bar/restaurants near the cruise ship dock? We know that Sunset House's Seaharvest is fine, but is "My Bar" fully operational again? We're in mourning for the Seaview and the Naked Fish--we just loved the Fish for a great dinner...sigh, but we understand the entire Seaview was devastated.

Any restaurant recommendations? We have a tendency to hit the same places all the time, but we're up for some new experiences!!! I've heard "Bed" is interesting. Any other suggestions, and thanks in advance.

Sunbunny Yaz

We're big fans of the Cracked Conch over near the Turtle Farm...wide range on the menu, from more expensive meals to burgers. And a great view of the sunset.

We also love Papagallo, but it was still under repair in January. Not sure when it is expected to re-open.

sdwho

Yazmeen:
Diver hubby and I will be headed to Cayman later this month (Sunset House as usual) and I just wanted to check from those in the know as to the status of open restaurants since Ivan left town. We've seen one list and know a couple of favorites are up and running (Deckers, Lone Star) but what about some of the ones closer to town? Is Rackham's Pub open, and how about some of the little bar/restaurants near the cruise ship dock? We know that Sunset House's Seaharvest is fine, but is "My Bar" fully operational again? We're in mourning for the Seaview and the Naked Fish--we just loved the Fish for a great dinner...sigh, but we understand the entire Seaview was devastated.

Any restaurant recommendations? We have a tendency to hit the same places all the time, but we're up for some new experiences!!! I've heard "Bed" is interesting. Any other suggestions, and thanks in advance.

Sunbunny Yaz

My favorite is the Lighthouse, though it's a bit of a drive. They did get whacked by Ivan but I just checked out of curiosity and their web site says they will reopen in March, but not an exact date. Also like Ragazzi, which is supposed to be open according to this list - http://www.caymanrestaurants.com/ (nice listing, if it's accurate.)

Rackhams is open. Bed is shut. Cracked Conch open. Paradise, Bacchus & Hammerheads open in town. Ragazzi is open. Calypso Grill reopened last Sat. My Bar is not open yet. Thai restaurant in town is open & recommended.

Just to add to Nipi's list, the Lighthouse is not open. Doesn't look like it will be in March but stranger things have happened!
Pappagallo's reopening has been delayed, maybe next month? Mezza is a good newish restaurant to try (near Treasure Island).
The Reef Grill is open, as is Breezes by the Bay in Downtown Georgetown (not a good option on a busy cruise-ship day but evenings are pleasant on the terrace with a view over the harbour).
The best news is the reopening of Calyspo Grill and the remergence of the Sticky Toffe pudding!!

We are all mourning the loss of Seaview/Naked fish. The closest alternative in price and setting is Paradise (next to Eden Rock) but the atmosphere doesn't come close.

Happy dining!

CJ

CJ's:
Just to add to Nipi's list, the Lighthouse is not open. Doesn't look like it will be in March but stranger things have happened!
Pappagallo's reopening has been delayed, maybe next month? Mezza is a good newish restaurant to try (near Treasure Island).
The Reef Grill is open, as is Breezes by the Bay in Downtown Georgetown (not a good option on a busy cruise-ship day but evenings are pleasant on the terrace with a view over the harbour).
The best news is the reopening of Calyspo Grill and the remergence of the Sticky Toffe pudding!!

We are all mourning the loss of Seaview/Naked fish. The closest alternative in price and setting is Paradise (next to Eden Rock) but the atmosphere doesn't come close.

Happy dining!

CJ

Thanks for the info everyone. Geez, I hope My Bar is open soon, they were predicting it opening late last month. I hope Sunset House at least has bar service, although I imagine they would if Seaharvest is open. Glad to hear Bacchus is up and running, we've had good experiences there. We will have to try Calypso Grill--where is it located in relation to Sunset House?

We are SO looking forward to going back. Ahhh...no snow, no ice (except in our drinks), no planting flags and ribbons in the back yard to ward off the bloody Canadian Geese (says the woman who played "Border Collie" last week until she came up with the flag solution...)

:07: from Yaz and Mr. Diver Yaz

Yes - Seaharvest's bar is open. Calypso Grill is in Morgan's Harbour in West Bay but well worth the trip.

nipi:
Yes - Seaharvest's bar is open. Calypso Grill is in Morgan's Harbour in West Bay but well worth the trip.

How about the "Crows Nest", are they going to rebuild?

Yazmeen:

Sunbunny Yaz

Visit this site http://www.caymanactivityguide.com/projections.htm
It is a list of Grand Cayman resorts, condos, restarurants etc with their current status and planned re-open dates.

Don't know about Crow's Nest.

Yaz - a new place you should try is Castaway's Grille in Grand Harbour next to the new skateboard park.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom