Grand Cayman Restaurant Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is also a really good place called Greenhouse which is on divetechs other location (lighthouse point). It closes at around 5pm so is only really for breakfast and lunch but is very good especially if you have dietary requirements (wheat, gluten, lactose etc)

We like ( in no particular order ) Agave Grill, Lonestar, Taste of India, Sunshine Grill, Macabuca, Mybar at Sunset House, Coconut Joes. None of these are fancy but provide decent food at a fair price. There is a Camanian style restaurant in West Bay near you called Libertys that is pretty good for local food as well.

For higher end cuisine, Caylpso Grill and Morgan's Harbor Resaurant are not too far from where you are staying. The food at Cobalt Coast isn't bad either.

Macabuca and My Bar are right on the water.

Enjoy

I think you have some great suggestions, we have enjoyed most of those and I would add we miss "the Crows Nest". The Calypso Grill is great food, expensive and the first time I went it was hard to find.
I hope you find some of Doctorfish's suggestions to your liking.

Caymaniac, I miss the Crows Nest as well. It's been gone for a long while so I now have an idea of how long in the tooth you are.

The Cracked Conch is good...I love their over-the-water seating area.

I love Seymour's and Singh's Roti....I usually get take out, have a little picnic at Smith's Cove, and do some laid back snorkeling.

Make sure to get plenty of hot sauce at the former, and the goat curry at the latter. You can thank me later. :)

Last edited:
Fidel Murphy's. It's an Irish pub. They have an amazing Irish breakfast. Make sure to get it with English bacon.

I know you don't want high end, but if anyone else looking at this thread is interested, if you want to spend $$$$ for one of the top restaurants in the region: The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman: Blue by Eric Ripert, This place is top notch!!

I know you don't want high end, but if anyone else looking at this thread is interested, if you want to spend $$$$ for one of the top restaurants in the region: The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman: Blue by Eric Ripert, This place is top notch!!

Definitely, the best meal I've had on the island thus far.

One of my fav's that wasn't listed, Brasserie. On the pricier side compared to some of the other options listed, but not unreasonable.

For some cheaper good local food, try Champion House on Eastern ave, just south of the Popeyes, it's much further down the road than google maps says it is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom