Grand Cayman Resort For Diver & Non-Divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sixt3denied

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

Taking the girlfriend to Grand Cayman for vacation. She doesn't dive, although she does like to snorkel. She is willing to try Diving to see if it's for her.

Originally I was going to go alone so I was planning on going to Sunset House in Grand Cayman. But now that i'm bringing her, i'm not sure it's the right place for a Non-Diver. If she chickens out on diving, or just isn't into diving after her first try, I don't want her sitting around doing nothing in an "empty" resort (everyone will be out on the dive boats) while i'm out diving. Hoping she can get a spa treatment, shop, have a drink at the pool etc. while i'm out Diving.

Can anyone recommend a place that is good for divers and non-divers alike in Grand Cayman? Or is Sunset House ok for this...

Thanks

How about renting a condo or staying at a hotel along Seven Mile Beach? She'll at least have the beach while you go diving and will be close to shopping, spas, etc. Most dive shops will pick you up where you are staying. While my husband went diving, I spent time at the beach/pool. I did a resort course with Living the Dream Divers and it was fantastic! It convinced me that I need to get certified, when initially, the thought of diving always freaked me out. They allowed my husband to accompany me on the dive portion, which help put me at ease.

I don't remember Sunset house having much of a beach, if that's an issue. You would be south of the Main 7MB area but a short walk would get you to shopping and night life. All though the restaurant at Sunset House was pretty busy when we were there.

We stayed in Boden Town at Turtle Nest Inn. We had a beach front apartment with full kitchen. It was quite and away from the crowds which we like. Nice private beach with good snorkling. You would need a car to get anywhere. I dove with Ocean Frontiers on the east end. The non-imersible wife read and swam on the beach while I dove. We did breakfast and lunch at the Apartment and then out for dinner.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom