Grand Cayman "Gucci" Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dengler4

Registered
Reaction score
We are heading to Grand Cayman this winter, and staying at the new Ritz Carlton on 7 mile beach. (Lucky us!!)
I've had mixed experiences with "referrals" from swanky hotels. I find scuba board members much more informative.
I'm looking for great service, small groups and comfortable boats... no cattle cars or cruise ship contractors!!
I also have a 16 yr old nephew who will be doing referral certification dives, so I would like it to be a great personalized experience.
I have been diving 20+ years but last time in Caymen was 5 years ago. Used Divers Down last trip, they were pretty good, but at that time a bit rough about the edges.
How about some votes on "Gucci" diving on Grand Cayman. Need an operator that pick up at the hotel.

dengler4:
How about some votes on "Gucci" diving on Grand Cayman. Need an operator that pick up at the hotel.

If you were serious about Gucci level service, you would know that the Ritz concierge can arrange whatever you need.

I think we're talking more like Macy's. Not Wallmart mind you, just not Gucci either.

If I'm wrong, just leave your credit card info with the concierge at the Ritz.

No problem, mon.

dengler4:
We are heading to Grand Cayman this winter, and staying at the new Ritz Carlton on 7 mile beach. (Lucky us!!)
I've had mixed experiences with "referrals" from swanky hotels. I find scuba board members much more informative.
I'm looking for great service, small groups and comfortable boats... no cattle cars or cruise ship contractors!!
I also have a 16 yr old nephew who will be doing referral certification dives, so I would like it to be a great personalized experience.
I have been diving 20+ years but last time in Caymen was 5 years ago. Used Divers Down last trip, they were pretty good, but at that time a bit rough about the edges.
Divetech will give the level of service and dive adventures that you are looking for, plus they have a free shuttle service. Red Sail has also been good to me but their boats will have a larger group and smaller tanks, they also have a free shuttle service.

I have dived with both. DiveTech , I think is more professional, but the others posted on the board, Indigo etc, are good. Will be there in March. Enjoy.

Also, across the street is, or was , a good hamburger place called Crocodile Rock.

If rebuildt, also check out the Lone Star, and bring an extra car license plate to put on the wall.

We have used Divetech on multiple occasions. They certainly don't run cattle boats, but your 'Gucci' modifier may not let Divetech fit your bill, as they do not schlep your equipment - and I've helped take tanks on & off the boat when I've boat dived with them. Their shore dive site at Turtle Reef remains one of our favorite spots. All of the Divetech staff we've interfaced with have been very professional.

Divetech is great, but they're not a valet diving op. More of a "real divers haul their own gear" op. Not that they're not friendly and helpful, just a different style. (One time I was there I injured my arm partway through the trip and they seemed perfectly happy to help with gear when asked. Just gave me a little good-natured grief.)

Back
Top Bottom