Grand Cayman east side dive operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We just returned from GC on 1/12 and we used Ocean Frontiers and they were fantastic. We had 13 divers in our extended party of 21 people and everyone was very pleased.

Winds were up too much out of the NE by midweek and they moved the boats to the west end and accommodated us over there for the remainder of our dives.

They took care of us and I would use them again without a thought unless I wanted to dive exclusively on the west end for some reason as they normally don't go there other than the wreck dives.

Food - Tukka has the most amazing rum collection that I've seen and I'm difficult to impress with rum as I have a solid collection myself and have tried many many of the other good ones under $100 a pour. The food was good if not great.

One of the best meals we had on the island was at a food cart called Island Bites right near where Frank Sound Road and North Side Road meet. The jerk chicken tacos were to die for and the price was right. This is a must stop imo.

Also ate at the Lobster Pot (tarpon feeding), Kaibo Beach Restaurant and Kaibo Yacht Club (Wahoo appetizer prepared rare for the win!) by Rum Point and the place right at the Ocean Frontiers. All were good to great.

Ate at a few other places too but not memorable enough to mention.

Stayed up near Rum Point at a rental house on the beach. I agree that the vibe on East end and along the north shore is far preferable to George Town and 7 mile.

Have fun!

This was posted on the Trip Advisor Cayman forum yesterday, the original reference is to Ocean Frontiers social media:

From Ocean Frontiers social media.

"For the last 10 days, Ocean Frontiers operated from the Lobster Pot Dock on the West side of Grand Cayman. A freak winter storm interrupted our usual East End diving. A first time ever in 24 years of operation.... But it worked. We had fun, we went diving and all of our customers had smiles on their faces. A huge thank you to Lobster Pot Dive Centre for providing dockage and air fills, special thanks to Delwin from Harbour Patrol for assisting with overnight moorings, the entire team at Ocean Frontiers for their impressive team work, dedication and 13 hour day brute force to make this adventure as much as a test as it was a success."

We just returned from GC on 1/12 and we used Ocean Frontiers and they were fantastic. We had 13 divers in our extended party of 21 people and everyone was very pleased.

Winds were up too much out of the NE by midweek and they moved the boats to the west end and accommodated us over there for the remainder of our dives.

They took care of us and I would use them again without a thought unless I wanted to dive exclusively on the west end for some reason as they normally don't go there other than the wreck dives.

Food - Tukka has the most amazing rum collection that I've seen and I'm difficult to impress with rum as I have a solid collection myself and have tried many many of the other good ones under $100 a pour. The food was good if not great.

One of the best meals we had on the island was at a food cart called Island Bites right near where Frank Sound Road and North Side Road meet. The jerk chicken tacos were to die for and the price was right. This is a must stop imo.

Also ate at the Lobster Pot (tarpon feeding), Kaibo Beach Restaurant and Kaibo Yacht Club (Wahoo appetizer prepared rare for the win!) by Rum Point and the place right at the Ocean Frontiers. All were good to great.

Ate at a few other places too but not memorable enough to mention.

Stayed up near Rum Point at a rental house on the beach. I agree that the vibe on East end and along the north shore is far preferable to George Town and 7 mile.

Have fun!

In case you are interested they host a Seven Fathoms Rum Tasting Event at Pedro St. James in Savannah during the week. It's a lovely location and on Friday evenings they have a fun Happy Hour at the Outpost at Pedro St. James with food and $3 Beers and $4 Mixed Drinks, both locals and visitors turn out to relax and watch the sun go down, see the link below:

https://www.facebook.com/OutpostPedro/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom