Grand Cayman Dive Resorts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I honeymooned in Grand Cayman on the East (less populated) end of the island in January 2007. It was very enjoyable and I'd recommend the dive operator I used, Red Sail Sports (they have a number of dive shops on the island).

Here's a picture from the hotel room we stayed in:
Ourroomourbeach.jpg

And here's one from a dive:
DivePicbowl.jpg

Hi Glock Diver,

The pictures didn't seem to load, at least they don't show up on my 'puter. And yes, the East End is cool. We dive with OF there, but still, any East End diving rocks.

I'm a Glock fan also, although I've never had the occasion to dive with any of mine. Been wading through swamps and such with one on my ankle, but never actually been diving with one!

DS

My son and I spent a week in the Spring of 2007 and again in 2008 at Cobalt Coast/Divetech
Cobalt Coast Dive Resort in Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands featuring scuba diving and snorkeling vacation packages
Grand Cayman scuba diving cayman island scuba diving cayman island scuba resort cayman scuba training cayman cayman island scuba grand cayman scuba dive cayman islands scuba diving scuba diving in grand cayman scuba diving cayman scuba diving on gran
Fantastic accomodations, far enough off the beaten path but close enough to take advantage of West Bay and Georgetown. Car rental is requisite. The meal plan (lunch and dinner added onto the included breakfast) was great. Lunches made it very easy to get in a good meal before afternoon diving, dinners were very, very good. Diving with Divetech went flawlessly with a daily deep North Wall dive followed by a shallower reef. All dives were an hour assuming you had the deco time and the air. You are free to go guided or on your own as you wish. Divetech employees were exemplary. The West Bay Express scooter dive is not to be missed. We did a CCR dive experience in 2007 which was a real kick, albeit, humbling. Unlimited shore diving is included in the package and they have 2 good sites, one off the resort and a 2nd, newer site, at Lighthouse Point (near their previous site at Turtle Farm, now run by another operator)

On both trips we did additional afternoon dives and night dives with an excellent smaller operator, Cayman Diving School. The owner, Renee Knight, bent over backwards to schedule all the extra dives we wanted. My son and I were often the only divers on the comfortable and fast dive boat, Narcosis. Dive duration was only limited by deco/air
CAYMAN DIVING SCHOOL

On both trips we got in 23 great dives and had just enough time to get in a little lounging and relaxation too. Nitrox is readily available from both Divetech and Cayman Diving School

Good diving, Craig

Hi Glock Diver,

The pictures didn't seem to load, at least they don't show up on my 'puter. And yes, the East End is cool. We dive with OF there, but still, any East End diving rocks.

I'm a Glock fan also, although I've never had the occasion to dive with any of mine. Been wading through swamps and such with one on my ankle, but never actually been diving with one!

DS

Hmmm I'll try to fix that link. I wish I could remember the name of our resort. It was a time share place.

I haven't had the occasion to dive with mine either--haven't really had the need--but it's my other passion, I suppose! Need to get those maritime spring cups :wink:

Hmmm I'll try to fix that link. I wish I could remember the name of our resort. It was a time share place.

I haven't had the occasion to dive with mine either--haven't really had the need--but it's my other passion, I suppose! Need to get those maritime spring cups :wink:

Let me know, I'm an armorer and can put 'em on for you! But only for the 17 and 19, the others are too much oomph for underwater. Or so they say. I've been too chicken to try:D

Was it either Morritt's or The Reef Resort where you stayed?

See ya,
DS

Have been going to Grand Cayman twice a year for 14 years and Divetech is the most personalized dive op. They have kids diving programs while we are out with the adults and they will give you max bottom time, guided or unguided. They also dive North whenever weather permits which is by far the best dive sites. Divetech also offer the best shore diving in the Cayman's from Cobalt Coast Resort and Lighthouse Point. Brandee, Sally and Javin are just awesome instructors. You have to tryout their underwater scooter, they are a 007 blast.

Back
Top Bottom