Grand Cayman - afternoon boat dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WillM64

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Considering going for four or five days in early July. I called one outfit (Dive Tech) in the West Bay (?) area. They mostly did two tank dives in the morning. Because I'm only there a short time, would love to get in afternoons as well.

Any experience arranging that, or will this be hard to find?

Thanks.

Haven't been to gcm since 2018 but you shouldn't have a problem finding an afternoon boat dive. There is shore diving as well.

Check with Mike at Just Dive Cayman. Those guys are pretty accommodating.

As already stated, there are some quality shore dives on Grand Cayman, morning boats used to be Deep Wall, then Top of the Wall some where near by. Sometimes they would take you to the shallows to hang with stingrays during the interval. Many of the Top of the Wall were so so, unless there were larger animals about.

I could do just a one tank boat wall in the morning and a couple shore dives in the after noon and be perfectly happy.

Living the Dream divers almost always has afternoon trips depending on their client load.

I'm not a fan of morning dives that require me to be up before it's light to get ready and get to the dock, so I prefer afternoon dives.

There aren't a lot of ops that routinely do afternoon 2-tankers in my experience - most do 1 tank. Living the Dream does for sure. Cayman University Divers has a small boat and is often willing to be flexible. InDepth Watersports sometimes has afternoon boats, depending on demand.

Depending on what you are looking for, I find the shallow second dives gives me more interesting stuff than the deeper dives.

Shore dives from places like Macabuca (Turtle Reef) I could do multiple times a day. Cheaper than a boat dive, too!

If you are doing morning boat deep dives, your afternoons are going to be shallow anyway. IMO the shore diving is just as good as boat based shallow diving. My routine on GC is a 2 tank AM boat dive, afternoon and usually night shore dives at Maccabuca or Lighthouse.

If you are staying at or near Sunset House, the on site house reef is pretty good as well.

Contact Living the Dream Divers. They do afternoon dives.

Almost every op does afternoon dives if they have enough clients. My point was that afternoon boat dives are almost always shallow and the shore dives are just as good for significantly less cost.

Is anyone aware of any op, apart from a charter, that offers afternoon wall dives?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom