Grand Bahama Dive site Coordinates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stogie8

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
A friend and I are headed to Port Lucaya May 20-22. We are taking his boat over from Florida. Does anyone have a list of dive site coordinates for Grand Bahama? Any suggestions on "must do" dives? I heard Theo's wreck is supposed to be pretty good.

Thanks!

While on Blackbeard's last Sept. we dove a reef just off of Grand Bahama Island. It was called Blair House reef. It was absolutely gorgeous! There was coral upon coral & lots of Channel- like swim throughs. It has a depth of about 91'. There is also the Sea Star wreck that you can check out. It was very interesting. It was sunk as an artificial reef, but broken up by a hurricane. It is in 85'. There were lots of fish everywhere. Unfortunately I don't know the coordinates, but I'm sure some of the locals might.

Theo's and SeaStarII have moorings, I can't explain where they are, but I could show you!! :)

Plate Reef is nice, so are Tunnels, and Gails Grotto. (all of these have moorings)

I think Duncan's Wreck (SeaStarII) is a much cooler dive site since the Hurricane broke it up and moved it.

Blair House II is also a very cool site.

Please keep in mind: the moorings belong to the local Dive Ops

you may want stop by unexso diving at port lucaya and ask for woody aka capt jack sparrow ( he doubled for johnny depp) he knows all the good locations and probably share them with you , theos is good , shark junction
etc.......nice diving

Thanks guys! I appreciate your input. Hopefully we'll have some nice calm seas on the way over this week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom