Granbury lake?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tpolson88

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Im moving to stephenville for college in the morning and granbury lake is about 20 minutes away. From there website they talk about diving and it seems to be a pretty good place, especially since i considered 10 max vis exceptional. lol:D Anyone know anything about it or any other nice places in that part of the state?

Trees. Stumps. Mud. Shallow. Boats.

From what I've read on the board...Cozumel is the perfect swamp diver dive.

Seriously,
if memory serves correctly, I have been told that Granbury is a dangerous lake to dive due to the extraordinarily low mud visibility, the entanglement hazards of trees and stumps and the extensive overhead boat traffic in shallow waters. I don't know that I would recommend it to anyone.

Let me get back to work on Monday. A coworker has a very good map of Granbury. I will be able to better characterize the dangers. As I recall, most of the lake is less than 20 ft deep and that region is filled with underwater stumps. The small area that is slightly deeper and free of stumps is the primary boat channel.

Funny enough I was talking to a guy at the shop today, that did his OW check out dives at Lake Granbury, IIRC he did it in the early 80's, and said vis was pretty bad, but he remembered it being deeper than 20 ft. If you do dive there, be careful and gives us a report.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom