GPS handheld

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a garmen E-Trex that suits me just fine. I use it for hunting and when I'm out on my buddies boat looking for our favorite wreck sites. Semi-waterproof.

I've actually heard of people putting them in an otterbox and attaching to their dive flag with the tracking turned on to show where all they went on their dive.

Now if we could just remote the dispaly down the flag line...:eyebrow:

Hi--I actually found this site via a note on a geocaching site. With the exception of the wrist gps units, there are waterproof pouches (like clear drybags) for handheld units. You can't use any underwater (you can't get a signal anyway), but this lets you get near sites while on a boat. I highly recommend REI for gps (REI Fall Sale: Deals on Outdoor Gear & Clothing for Camping, Hiking, Cycling, Kayaking, Canoeing & More), although they don't carry dive gear. Check out Diveopolis - A Scuba Diving GeoCMS for dive locations with gps coordinates.
There are, by the way, some underwater geocaches. Here near Denver, for instance, there is one in a plane at the bottom of Aurora Reservoir. Big ol'crawdaddy is in residence by the cache itself.

Hi--I actually found this site via a note on a geocaching site.
Was the note in a log or on the forums? If it was in a log (or on a cache page), which cache? (I'm always keeping an ear open for new scubacaches to plan to log.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom