Gourmet Dining at Pirates Point Little Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've dived those sites by boat while staying at LCBR and they are OK but not at all comparable to north side. My question related specifically to shore diving.

We have stayed at Pirate's Point 3 times. The first time Gladys was still alive. She was amazing and fun! I believe that she trained with Julia Child and owned a cooking school in Texas before purchasing Pirate's Point. Almost all of the guests at PP are repeats, often returning for many years. Small, intimate, friendly place. Diving the Bloody Bay Wall, 2 long dives a day as mentioned. Extremely competent staff, taking time to help new and old divers with obtaining perfect buoyancy.

There are 2 chefs. Dianne has been there for many years and is fantastic. Winston is new. I will be there in April and looking forward to seeing what he has to offer. I am sure it will be good, standards are high at PP.

Hi, I am going to Pirate's Point for the first time in March 2019. Curious about what a typical dive day is like? I know there are two long dives in the morning and then back for lunch. Is after lunch 'free time'? How often do they offer night dives? Can you shore dive in the afternoon with a buddy? Any input is appreciated! Thank you!

Hi, I am going to Pirate's Point for the first time in March 2019. Curious about what a typical dive day is like? I know there are two long dives in the morning and then back for lunch. Is after lunch 'free time'? How often do they offer night dives? Can you shore dive in the afternoon with a buddy? Any input is appreciated! Thank you!
Yes, afternoon is free time. I looked at my computer log, first dive is usually about 10:20am and second 12:30pm so not back to resort before 2pm or so. Lunch is typically about 2:30. Bar is open then and many people spend time by the pool. There are bicycles for use. Scooters, massage and other activities can be arranged. There is not really convenient shore diving. There is usually 1 night dive per week. If you request more and there is interest, you might be able to arrange more shore or night dives. Other activities include seeing local museum, booby pond, iguanas. We always have a marvelous time there.

Yes, afternoon is free time. I looked at my computer log, first dive is usually about 10:20am and second 12:30pm so not back to resort before 2pm or so. Lunch is typically about 2:30. Bar is open then and many people spend time by the pool. There are bicycles for use. Scooters, massage and other activities can be arranged. There is not really convenient shore diving. There is usually 1 night dive per week. If you request more and there is interest, you might be able to arrange more shore or night dives. Other activities include seeing local museum, booby pond, iguanas. We always have a marvelous time there.

This sounds perfect - thank you!

Back
Top Bottom