Gotta Go!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

malammon

Reaction score
Anybody put the Dive Rite 'Urinator' head to head against Halcyon's 'P' Valve? Tyring to decide if the DR is worth an extra $100.

malammon once bubbled...
Anybody put the Dive Rite 'Urinator' head to head against Halcyon's 'P' Valve? Tyring to decide if the DR is worth an extra $100.
And from what I remember it is quite larger (higher profile) than the Halcyon...I know his is an older model, but I would check it out beforehand.

malammon once bubbled...

I have the DR and see no comparison to the Halcyon. Although most of the Halcyon stuff is very good, I really think they dropped the ball on the crummy valve.

OMS also makes a nice p-valve very similiar to the DR, but somewhat smaller in diameter. I don't like it quite as well because its harder to clean. I can flush mine out easily due to the larger exit holes.

Whatever you choose, a hint. Get a brass two ended barb that will fit the hose going from the catheter to the valve. Cut the line about 4 inches from "your" end and push the connector all the way into the valve end. That way you can put the catheter on the shorter end and put it on you in private, then once you put on the suit, all you have to do is connect the two lines. I filed the sharp edge off the first barb on "my" end to make it easier to remove. Do NOT push your end all the way onto the barb or you'll have a helluva time removing it.

Phil

Back
Top Bottom