Got myself grounded for a week or so.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Went to the ER doc today for a follow-up on my leg and ankle injury from last Thursday night. I feel stupid going to ER for it but for anything involving the department we have to go to the ER for treatment.

I’ve been walking in a brace and doing good but today he says “No weight bearing, period”. I was expecting another day or two off but he says not until next week at the earliest.

I have known this doc for around 15 years. He knows I’ll push the envelope whenever I can. Sooooo, after he leaves the room he sticks his head back in and says “NO DIVING”. I say but doc and he yells from down the hall, “NO DIVING”.

A little while later he pops his head back in and says, “I know it’s not weight bearing but NO DIVING, period. That leg needs rest”. I try again and he says, “Only and I mean ONLY if it is one of your team members in trouble will I allow you to dive. Other than that NO DIVING”.

Ok, I got the idea. So I go back Monday to see what’s in store. Release I hope. I feel like I need a bondsman.

Sucks!!!!!!!!!!

Gary D.

Yes, it sucks, but you need your rest too.

Try to relax and enjoy the break as best you can.

Gary D.:
Went to the ER doc today for a follow-up on my leg and ankle injury from last Thursday night. I feel stupid going to ER for it but for anything involving the department we have to go to the ER for treatment.

I’ve been walking in a brace and doing good but today he says “No weight bearing, period”. I was expecting another day or two off but he says not until next week at the earliest.

I have known this doc for around 15 years. He knows I’ll push the envelope whenever I can. Sooooo, after he leaves the room he sticks his head back in and says “NO DIVING”. I say but doc and he yells from down the hall, “NO DIVING”.

A little while later he pops his head back in and says, “I know it’s not weight bearing but NO DIVING, period. That leg needs rest”. I try again and he says, “Only and I mean ONLY if it is one of your team members in trouble will I allow you to dive. Other than that NO DIVING”.

Ok, I got the idea. So I go back Monday to see what’s in store. Release I hope. I feel like I need a bondsman.

Sucks!!!!!!!!!!

Gary D.
Hmmmm :06: Wonder what you did in the past 15 years to make him not like you :eyebrow:

Seriously though, take his advice. From the sounds of it, if you don't follow his advice you might end up not diving for a very long time instead of just a few days.

I can clearly remember the senior instructor in my combat medic course saying, "A dead medic is of no use to anyone"

Something similar could be said of a cobbled up PSD :wink:

Hang in there--you know your community needs you in top condition.

Bummer Gary!

that said, I just gots to say I will think about you saturday when I am.. snorkleing, yeah thats it snorkleing :D

Get better soon Gary!

Couldn't get a perscription to soak in the waters of San Diego for a week could you? That way, you could assure him you would stay off your leg!

Dan

Gary,

Take care of yourself. Do what the Dr says.

In about two and a half hours I will have my butt back in my car sort of protecting and serving. :D

I had to get released this week, we have dive training Wednesday and Thursday and I'm not missing out on getting the team into the marina caves. I hope the vis will be good enough to get some pics.

YAHOOOOOOOO

Free at last

Gary D.

Good to hear your all mended up!

Back
Top Bottom