Got myself a new toy!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chiara

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I cracked and bought myself a second computer, Suunto Mosquito.

The first (or second, as there was one before that) is an Aladin Pro Ultra.

Wondering if I should keep it or sell it on e-bay...

You don't want to be without a computer if your mosquito goes haywire.

Mine went diving without me yesterday. It just suddenly switched over to dive mode and went to 75 feet. I'll have a new one in a couple weeks.

TwoBit

agree with UP - keep the 2nd.

my computer showed all of 17' depth when i was at 75' on one of my dive trips. luckily for me, i was also wearing my wife's computer at the time (for sh**s and giggles, not really for back-up) so was able to continue diving the rest of the week.

now i have me a d3 (though the wife says it's hers :rolleyes: ).

oh, and my computer is making a trip to finland. the depth sensor cleared up after a night of soaking in warm water, but the nitrox mode is kaput. oh well.

but darn it's messy diving table when you're doing leisurely dives in <70' open water.

lanun once bubbled...
but darn it's messy diving table when you're doing leisurely dives in <70' open water.
Not the way I do it.

Yesterday we did two dives: first dive max depth 64' for 47 minutes...second dive after a 1 hour SI was max depth 38' for 43 minutes.

While the first dive was moderately multilevel it was backwards... starting at 40fsw and ending at 64fsw.

The second dive was back and forth through pilings under a 100' wide pier. The outside edges of the pier at 40' deep but the bottom rises to 15' in the middle. Good for buoyancy control and finning technique as the bottom is very easy to disturb and the pilings are close together and covered with barnacles.

The fellow I was diving with was using a computer... I was not. Great dives and then a great dinner in Seattle following.

No mess at either.

Yep, that's why I went to a standalone computer (Suunto stinger) and ditched my air-integrated Cochran, the latter proving unreliable in transmitting. I use my Hyper Aqualand as my backup and dive an analog spg. As long as I know my air, depth and time down I can use the ultimate computer--my brain.

thanks for sharing, UP. the messy bit for me was i wish i could've done a more precise dive plan e.g.the bottom profile.

but then, going conservative (assumed all the time prior to ascending was at 68 feet) is also good given that i 'had brain rot' for quite a while until my computer went kaput.

lucky for me, the computer died around the time i was relearning to dive tables. when i get more comfortable with a bottom timer/depth gauge alone, then i guess i'd be more adventurous.

i guess it would help too if there's more shore diving options here - the most i'd get is 45 mins on the dive boat we go out on. but yeah, i did enjoy the one of our dives which we did under the pier - a 'semi wreck' which is really the old wooden pier, somewhat silty, with plenty of shrimp gobies to gawk at.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom