Got my rig... newb question!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My infators come down just to the left chest D-ring. I think the reason this one looks so short is the length taken out of it by passing through the inner tube loop.

I cant believe you cant say *** when your talking about men,how bout bresasist?

Don't mean to hijack, so please forgive. In the photos, I noticed the d-rings appear to be "bent d-rings" and they are installed "reversed", compared to how I installed mine. StreetDoctor's looks like they lay flat and will also pivot in the loop/keeper which is nice. Mine stand out which is what I what I felt they should do, to facilitate ease of clipping an item to it without having to find and raise it. Will my configuration cause a possible snag hazard? Is there any down side to either configuration? Here's a photo of my d-rings:

Attachments

• Dscn0697.jpg
    Dscn0697.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 119
My o-ring no longer goes around the inflator AND LP hose, just the inflator.
The LP hose also is under the larger inner-tube on the harness.

D... I noticed the d-rings appear to be "bent d-rings" and they are installed "reversed", compared to how I installed mine. StreetDoctor's looks like they lay flat and will also pivot in the loop/keeper which is nice.

Good eyes Irishsquid. Most people I know use them the way you have them, makes it easier to clip off.

StreetDoctor, I use a 7mm w/ a hooded vest underneath and 20 lb total with the rig (I usually used 22 lbs with my old BC. I also picked on the bolt on weights, so I only had 6lbs on the belt which worked out really well. That may be worth looking into if you're feeling bottom heavy with the belt.

In terms of the D-rings, I have mine set up the way IrishSquid mentioned. I guess it depends on whether your going for ease of use or making sure nothing sticks out, but I think the way IrishSquid shows in the picture would make it much easier to use, especially with thicker gloves.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom