Got my new Gear in !! Time to go diving !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KJSmith84

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Got my new Gear in !! Time to go diving !
This almost completes my dive gear now.

295921_3868106460278_1400070497_n.jpg

Want to thank Casey over at Beaver Divers for hooking up on my new Gear.
View Profile: beaverdivers - ScubaBoard - Scuba Diving Forum - Divers Social Network

Beaver Divers

Cant wait to dive this weekend!

After a few threads with questions I started and talking with a few different shops i then gave Casey a call.

He took the time to help me understand a lot of the unknowns us neebies have. Was very comfortable dealing with and NEVER felt like i was talking to a shop. Felt like i was talking with a friend giving me advise on this new sport i was getting into.

I highly recommend talking with Casey if you ever have any questions on gear. He maybe be a Scuba Pro platinum dealer but has experience with all the other gear out there to from his extensive background in the sport.
Or if you know you want ScubaPro or SubGear product give him a call as he has the BEST prices i found anywere.

Anyways- I ended up going with a ScubaPro KnightHawk BCD w/ Air II, SubGear SG-1000 Regulator set up, and the new SubGear XP-H dive computer.

-I was originally going to go with a Zeagle Ranger but i love the fit of the KnightHawk so I am happy with the purchase.
2012-08-29_18-56-07_987.jpg

-As far as the SG-1000; after a lot of consideration between different regs I know that the ScubaPro MK17/S600 is a proven reg set up and has been used for years.
The SG-1000 for all of yout that dont know is a relabeled MK17/S600 reg(im guessing it is a cheaper alternative because they dont offer the lifetime parts deal with it like they do with MK17/S600) Either way it is an awesome reg at an awesome price!

sg-1000.jpg

-For the computer i went with the XP-H; it is a new computer for 2012.I wanted something stream line and found this is it! XP-H is an air integrated,version of the XP10(scubapro ALADIN 2G) computerI was originally going to go with a wrist mount and a transmitor but read about issues with readings on psi being sometimes off. Me being a neebie didn't want to have any issues with that and wanted a hose mounted pressure gauge.

26920_1.jpg

Also want to thank all the knowledgeable members here at scubaboard! this is a great forum with a know of knowledge.

I look forward to spending alot more time here as I have fallen in love with this new sport.

See ya under!-Kyle

The pool's open here in Key Largo. I eagerly await your arrival! :D (Tell Casey "hi" the next time you talk to him).

HUGE congrats!I have the same BCD/AirII/Reg set up & I just logged dives 9 & 10 with them yesterday.At 127' the water temp was 47 degrees.The SG-1000 is one SWEET breather!Like getting 2013 Corvette running gear hidden under a Cruz body...Enjoy!

Gear had been great on the last few fresh water dives. The regulator breathes so nice! going to do a write up after my dive trip this weekend in laguna.

Good for you, KJSmith84. You will notice not only the quality of the gear, but your familiarity with it as well will really make diving more relaxed, more fun, and help you grow much more quickly as a diver. I bought a full set of gear at the outset, and it made me dive more to recoup the cost. Active divers are competent and safe divers. Put lots of hours on that gear, and enjoy every moment!
DivemasterDennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom