Got my new DC800

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

okamiotoko2004

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Last week I got my new DC800 camera. Awesome camera. The pictures I got from it were great. I like the different water, WB settings and the housing. Also the macro and infinite pushbutton controls are great for switching back and forth when in the water. I also like the fact that the battery in the camera lasts for several dives and all the pictures I took with flash on. The buttons on the underwater housing are also easy to use underwater and with gloves on and also fits nicely in my bc pocket when I am not using it underwater.
The one thing I don't like is the LCD view goes blank when taking a picture. Not a big deal if I am stable underwater but if hovering and it is surging it can be a bit difficult to keep the scene you want centered.
All in all I really like the DC800 and the couple times I have been in the water with it have been great.

Thanks for the nice feedback. Please help us to better understand the Blank Screen issue you mentioned. The LCD will go blank for one second after taking the picture but not while you are taking the picture. If we better understand this issue, I am sure we can offer some solutions.

We just ordered a DC800 today. Will use it for first time in Cozumel Aug 14. Can't wait!! We recently drowned our JVC while in Curacao. Hopefully we'll have better luck with the DC800. Can't wait to see some good pics.

Yes the screen does goes blank after the shot is taken. I just got used to my DC500 where the view locked after the picture was taken and I got instant gratification of a good shot or bad shot. All in all thought the camera is great!!!! I have taken some great shots with it. The different settings are great and really make a difference. The battery life is awesome. I regularly get 3 hour long dives on the battery!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom