got my gear!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by Iguana Don
Chepar

Actually you have a 1st class reg now, if and when you decide to upgrade all you need to do is get the TX50 2nd stage. The TX20 1st stage is, if I am correct is Apek's DS4 which is THE reg to have.

ID

In the brochure for the new Apeks regs the first stage for the AT 20 does not look anything like the DS4
A Tx 20 is not shown and chepar lists it as a T 20 :confused:

Chepar, Congrats on your Gear!!

Hey L_D,

If you truly believe that buying dive gear is better than sex ...

G_M

I agree.

Long ago an attractive young lady asked me to "describe
what it is like to SCUBA dive".

I pondered my response and then stated "Diving is like sex.
Impossible to describe, but once you've experienced it you
usually want more." Of course, I knew her well enough to know she would not be offended by my response.

My wife, after her first OW dive, was describing how she felt
during that time. Her statement was "Now I understand."
Early spring we'll get her into a pool for some dry suit learning
so that she can dive during the cooler months.

Originally posted by large_diver
LOL -- I think I sent the message before I fully understood what I had said. To clarify....in descending order of importance/fun:

(1) Sex
(2) Diving
(3) Buying dive gear

... never attempt to buy sex while in dive gear!!

Originally posted by Dee
Oh yea...and try to avoid that porcelan headache from backrolling into the tub.

and your Vyper won't work in the bath either (unless it is more than 1/2 a metre deep!!) - I know someone who thought their Stinger was broken until he had this explained to him over the phone by Suunto!! (hehe)

Congrats! I loved buy all of my gear. Gear choice is so personal but as long as you are happy with your choices that is all that matters.

The hardest part of buying gear for me is the time between buying it and using it. I hate waiting to get it wet and try it out. Going to the pool isn't the same. The best part is the envy on the face of my dive buddies when I get to show off my latest toys.

Scott

For some reason I always want to put that X in there. It is also a US4 instead of a DS4.

Thanks again Tavi.

FID

Back
Top Bottom