Got my gear today!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

compton384

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I ordered an aqualung package from my local dive shop and it came in today! I'm headed down to Turks and Caicos this weekend and I couldn't be more excited!

I ordered an aqualung package from my local dive shop and it came in today! I'm headed down to Turks and Caicos this weekend and I couldn't be more excited!

Yay!!! :wave:

We'll be waiting for the trip report! :bounce3:

the turks are great. have fun

Let us all know how that trip and the gear turn out. live it up. HD

Congrats!

I agree with Prostardiver....a fully-geared happy dance seems like the appropriate thing to do in this situation :banana::banana:

I've gotta ask...what's your favorite piece? Not having used any of it yet....but what FEELS best so far?

I'm sooo landlocked in Colorado that you really just gotta relish everything you can :)

Hope you have an EPIC trip!!

Haha, I couldn't really say what's the best. I tried on the bc (aqualung pro lt) in the shop when I picked everything up and it fit perfectly. I'll have to report back after I get to use everything else! I'm also excited about my recent mares liquidskin mask purchase... and I'll also be diving with my camera (canon s90) for the first time! So there's plenty to look forward to including an amazing destination! Hopefully I'll have some decent pictures to post, though it will be my first try with underwater photography.

Good for you! i envy you for going somewhere WARM and tropical. I'll be diving the wreck of the GB Church off Victoria BC in a week or so. A lot colder, for sure...
Just a quick heads up on your new gear - take it from a seventeen year-plus veteran: give it some time. get used to your new gear, and don't dispair if it all doesn't work perfectly right off the bat. all gear, no matter how fancy or expensive, has its ideosyncacies (did I spell that right??) - in other words, take time to "marry" the equipment to each other: right amount of weight to go with the suit - wet or dry - the right fit for the BCD, the right tension on the tank straps, console in the right spot, and so on. A happy dance is in order, for sure, but maybe a trip to your local pool to try out your new equipment may be a better choice before you head off to the Turks. Have fun, enjoy, and be safe!

A happy dance is in order, for sure, but maybe a trip to your local pool to try out your new equipment may be a better choice before you head off to the Turks. Have fun, enjoy, and be safe!

Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately, I don't think I am going to have time to make it to the pool. I don't think it will be too much of a problem though- my dad got the same setup and he has not completed his OW. He did the classroom and pool dives, but not the open water certification. He will be completing that down on our trip, so I'll have some laid-back dives to get comfortable with my gear.

Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately, I don't think I am going to have time to make it to the pool. I don't think it will be too much of a problem though- my dad got the same setup and he has not completed his OW. He did the classroom and pool dives, but not the open water certification. He will be completing that down on our trip, so I'll have some laid-back dives to get comfortable with my gear.

having your dad as a buddy is probably THE BEST. No one else is going to look out for you like dad - i hope my kids will think that one day when I teach them how to dive...
Yes, take your gear on a laid-back, easy, walk-in-from-the-beach-and-sit-on-the-sandy-bottom- dive and try it all out. You'll be comfy in no time...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom