Got my Drysuit !!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nunomix

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi guys,

Finally after some long waiting for my suit, I finally got it. I got a custom fit DUI TLS 350 Explorer edition with turbo soles, zipseals in the wrists and a pair of zipgloves. For underwear, I got the DUI 400G, as well as the 400thinsulate socks.

For fins, I still didnt decide. The JetFins XL seem too small for my feet, either with 400thinsulate socks (thicker) or liteloft socks (thiner) so this is a no go for me. I also tried the turtles - with thinsulate socks it looks almost good (slightly large) and with liteloft way too large. the seller advised me still to try both Jetfins and turtles in the water because in the water I might feel that the Jetfins are okay. Will see about that one. Also might be useful for some people with problems fitting fins like me... I have a pair of TUSA Imprex XL and they fit great with all sets (400 thinsulate, liteloft and wetboots for diving with wetsuit).

Just a pair of words for the intervenients in this process:

Aqua Diving Veenendaal (Netherlands) - Lex (the owner) is a great guy, honest seller and does also great prices. And more than a seller, I think I might have got a friend. so from my side I highly recommend him.

DUI - Always prompt responding all my questions regarding the suits. Just shows that their fame of being highly customer-oriented suits them right!

Scubaboard - Thank you all for the help you gave me while taking all those tough decisions regarding the suit. Special thank to Cali68 who I bugged many times with my basic questions.

Well, now I still have to try the suit in the water. unfortunately I will have to wait two weeks for it. But after I go into the water with the suit, I will let you know.

Regards,

Nuno

Congrats on the drysuit purchase Nuno!
I just bought a drysuit about six weeks ago. I have six dives in it now. Diving in a drysuit is a little bit different technique. It takes some getting used to. I am still adjusting to my dry suit what with the peculiar buoyancy control and all.

Good luck!
JR

Congrats, I recieved a DUI TLS 350 for Christmas. Haven't had a chance to get in the OW with it...just the pool. I love it already. Doesn't look like buoyancy is going to be too much of a problem for me. Only practice will tell.

Good luck!

Thanks guys... I will be making already quite a test since I will be doing my first dive in water temps around 3/4 C.

Back
Top Bottom