Got downgraded and lost likes :-)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fsardone

Solo Diver
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hello everybody,

I did like to be a rebreather pilot, now I am a solo diver :) nothing wrong with that, but also I would like to be able to select my profile group, I know you are working on that.

The second thing my like counter went to zero ... now, I do not post for being liked but it is nice to have own ego stroked the right way :)

Just for info and feedback on the upgrade, nice work, some glitches, resistance is futile ;-)

Cheers

Fabio

I can join a group that way, but I haven't figure out how to display a different group.

Like are gone.

@CuzzA Do you mean the old site like numbers?
I still see likes (thumbs up icon) and a likes received section in the profile ...

Cheers

Fabio

Due to technical differences, the old likes were not able to be imported. We are still working on that, but there are a few other issues we are trying to resolve first. If we are successful, you'll see it. If not, well we're sorry for the inconvenience.

Due to technical differences, the old likes were not able to be imported. We are still working on that, but there are a few other issues we are trying to resolve first. If we are successful, you'll see it. If not, well we're sorry for the inconvenience.

@NetDoc : Not a big deal, I'd say. Fix the rest first. I have been using the interface just for a few hours and I would say is an improvement. Especially in the edit/post (big one there).

I like that the likes are gone. If there were a good post reconfirming it, I would give it a "Like".

It was nice to see who liked the post also, many time (especially in the hotter thread) people did not engage but expressed their support to sides by liking ... I guess we will see more posts and additional fuel to flame wars :rolleyes:

Cheers

Fabio

Who liked what still shows up at the bottom of the post. I really didn't see the purpose behind how many times you gave or the thanks. Like/thanks... Same thing.

It would be nice to see someone's join date and dive count without checking their profile. I felt it helped to understand if you were talking to someone who knows what they're talking about or if the person just got their c card that morning. Of course people can lie, but I'd like to believe most people are honest.

Who liked what still shows up at the bottom of the post. I really didn't see the purpose behind how many times you gave or the thanks. Like/thanks... Same thing.

Thanks! I did not realize that, now that you mentioned it I went looking and I saw it, old age .... and grey on white to blame :)

It would be nice to see someone's join date and dive count without checking their profile. I felt it helped to understand if you were talking to someone who knows what they're talking about or if the person just got their c card that morning. Of course people can lie, but I'd like to believe most people are honest.

I really like that clicking on the name you get the pop up nice and clean and also very fast ...

Concerning the data, I Agree, even if I do not really know I many dive I have. When I started we did not know what a certification card or a log book were for ... Possibly, years diving is an indicator of people experience more than scubaboard join date. I discovered scubaboard reading "The Scuba Snobs' Guide to Diving Etiquette BOOK 1" and then Book 2 whose authors are contributors on the board ... (2012 or 2013), but my first dive was when was 14 in 1980 ... and my first c-card in 1993 or 4 when my compressor broke down and a shop owner asked for one in order to fill my tank (which, by the way, I had bought from him a few months earlier without c-card)!

Cheers

Fabio

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom